Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 09:24 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,673,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightinsky View Post
I am not going to dig through all the postings to satisfy something obvious. I don't remember who but there was a post or two when I discussed the ten commandments and one or two maybe more said they don't believe in those and don't believe in sin. That is a statement that atheists are exempt from wrong doing because a god or God doesn't exist in their eyes. That tells me they are acting righteouss and full of pride.
We don't believe in the 10 commandments, well the first four anyway. The others are just common sense. Although the lust one is just dumb, why I cant want someone, that is how I met my husband and I still lust for him. There are other forms of wrong doing and we have never said we haven't done other things, but we don't need forgiveness.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:25 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,933,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I'm all for gay rights and if there is an opportunity to include homosexuals in the Hate Crime Act, which already exists, I hope they will be included.
As long as there is a book still being printed which encourages slavery and claims homosexuality is an ambomination, I think we need a Hate Crime Act to protect certain groups. I don't expect you to get it.

I'm all for equal rights too, but not "special" rights.

I get that you want "special" punishments for crimes committed against certain people. You are essentially arguing for a tiered criminal system, one where certain people are protected by one set of laws, and other people protected by a another set of laws.

It bothers me how many people do not see the danger of this.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:27 AM

218 posts, read 311,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
And just look at what your Christianity has done to the native people of this land, your Christian preachers came to our people and claimed that because we did not worship their almighty Christian God that we were nothing more than animals and savages and couldn't even be regarded as human and then proceeded to save us, save us from what??? The only thing we needed saving from was from your Christianity, it completely decimated native cultures, native languages and Christians still seem to think that if we don't believe the way they believe we're not going to go to their heaven, will guess what, I have no desire to go to your heaven, not if I'm going to have to sit among the liars and cheaters and the hypocrites of your Christianity. So keep your Christianity to yourself, I have no desire for it.

What you just represented was hateful and mean towards many true loving christians who don't harm anyone live a fruitful life. You just presented hatred towards christians and that is a decision you made and is hypocrisy since many atheists claim they have no sin or wrong doing. You just did wrong by your negativity toward christians.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:28 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,721,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Never mind my above post about you being a nice christian. That comment right there changed my mind. And the truth ABC uncovered is from the killers who brutally beat the kid and left him to die. Excuse me if I tend to not believe them or their attorney.
Hey no problem, already forgotten. Actually took me by surprise when I read it anyway. See, I'm allowed to have an opinion...just like you. If you choose not to look at the facts surrounding this young man's death that is your choice. And nowhere am I saying that this young man should've died. No one should suffer the way he was made to suffer. No one should go through what he went through.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:
You don't lie. Give me a break. If you don't lie then you must not be human. That is a complete impossibility. If a video camera was inside your mind your whole life watching and listening to all of your words and thoughts I doubt stuff wouldn't come up that many people not just christians would deem inappropriate and bad.

You don't steal. You never ever in your entire life took something that didn't belong to you even something small I doubt it everyone has in one way or another taken something that didn't belong to them.

You don't hate anyone. Well that is possible but you can't say it never crossed your mind when you where pissed off with fury at someone for doing you wrong and wished them bad stuff.

I think you need a reality check because you aint foolin me you may be foolin others on this forum but not me and certainly not God.
Well ok I lied as a child I am sure, but as an adult I dont need to lie today if you do, well that is your problem.. What do you define evil? Thinking that my fat neighbor looks really bad in short shorts? Or that her dog is ugly? I don't think about hurting others or wishing ill on others, if you do that is your issue. And once I borrowed some clippers from the neighbor and moved without returning them, my bad, guess I am going to hell now. See I don't have the issues you seem to have. I was raised to be a good loving person. And if my lying to my mom at 13 about doing my homework or cleaning my room is sending me to hell, well whatever. And I don't need to fool anyone, and there is no god to fool, so I am not concerned with that.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:30 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,685,819 times
Quote:
What you just represented was hateful and mean towards many true loving christians who don't harm anyone live a fruitful life. You just presented hatred towards christians and that is a decision you made and is hypocrisy since many atheists claim they have no sin or wrong doing. You just did wrong by your negativity toward christians.
Get your facts straight...ptsum is not an atheist.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:32 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,721,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
And just look at what your Christianity has done to the native people of this land, your Christian preachers came to our people and claimed that because we did not worship their almighty Christian God that we were nothing more than animals and savages and couldn't even be regarded as human and then proceeded to save us, save us from what??? The only thing we needed saving from was from your Christianity, it completely decimated native cultures, native languages and Christians still seem to think that if we don't believe the way they believe we're not going to go to their heaven, will guess what, I have no desire to go to your heaven, not if I'm going to have to sit among the liars and cheaters and the hypocrites of your Christianity. So keep your Christianity to yourself, I have no desire for it.

What was done back then is nothing that any of us have any control over now. No one in the present is responsible for what happened back then. It was a very different time in history and the ones responsible for their heinous acts will stand accountable for the one true God.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
Hey no problem, already forgotten. Actually took me by surprise when I read it anyway. See, I'm allowed to have an opinion...just like you. If you choose not to look at the facts surrounding this young man's death that is your choice. And nowhere am I saying that this young man should've died. No one should suffer the way he was made to suffer. No one should go through what he went through.
I don't see them as facts. I see them as two killers trying to change a few minds. I have seen the facts, more than enough in fact to convince me these men are nothing but hateful monsters. He was killed with a lot of hate.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
We don't believe in the 10 commandments, well the first four anyway. The others are just common sense. Although the lust one is just dumb, why I cant want someone, that is how I met my husband and I still lust for him. There are other forms of wrong doing and we have never said we haven't done other things, but we don't need forgiveness.
If someone did you wrong for eg. harmed your family in the worst way and asked for your forgiveness what would you do tell them I don't believe in forgiveness and you didn't do anything wrong to my family. I doubt it you would probably be angry beyond belief and want to revenge the harm this person caused you and your family. See evil does exist and so does wrong doing. Humanity is evil and with many faults. So I'm not buyin into what you are saying.

The way you are thinking makes no sense whatsoever.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Well ok I lied as a child I am sure, but as an adult I dont need to lie today if you do, well that is your problem.. What do you define evil? Thinking that my fat neighbor looks really bad in short shorts? Or that her dog is ugly? I don't think about hurting others or wishing ill on others, if you do that is your issue. And once I borrowed some clippers from the neighbor and moved without returning them, my bad, guess I am going to hell now. See I don't have the issues you seem to have. I was raised to be a good loving person. And if my lying to my mom at 13 about doing my homework or cleaning my room is sending me to hell, well whatever. And I don't need to fool anyone, and there is no god to fool, so I am not concerned with that.
Don't you understand no one I mean no one is good no one is pure no one is without negative thoughts in their mind. NO ONE! That is why God paid for our sins through Jesus Christ so we are freed from that. Paid for our debts in or out of our mind. That is it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.