Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2009, 09:50 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightinsky View Post
You are talking about human beings. None are without wrong doing, sin even christians. Don't you people get it! You are saying christians hate well did the thought ever cross your without sin or wrong doing mind that maybe they are not real christians. Will the real slim shady please stand up!
That's called the "No True Scotsman Fallacy" and it's an ancient and lame excuse you people keep using to justify what some christers do in the name of your god. Please come up with a new and original defense to your position, instead of the old and busted ones that have been disproven eons ago.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:51 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
I'm all for equal rights too, but not "special" rights.

I get that you want "special" punishments for crimes committed against certain people. You are essentially arguing for a tiered criminal system, one where certain people are protected by one set of laws, and other people protected by a another set of laws.

It bothers me how many people do not see the danger of this.
When you have people following a Bible that tells them to look down on some groups and treat them like a subclass, you need a law to protect them those groups.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:53 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,200,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
I think it was the white man, not Christianity. And you seriously believe that your people didn't have their problems with one another, or other tribes before the white man showed up on the scene? I seriously doubt that. You cannot blame the act of hate on another race...it's inherent in all of us. We all have the capability of it.
I agree with you there. Indians throughout this hemisphere were killing each other long before Europeans came.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:56 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
Quote:
This is only one of many news sources reporting about the new hate crime bill that Obama will sign on Wednesday of this week. I fully agree that no one should endure any type of violence simply because they choose to live an alternative lifestyle.

That said it's very evident that this bill's hidden agenda is really about silencing Christians. We have a very anti-Christian president in office, with an extremely liberal agenda. His heritage is Muslim and if you're not Muslim, well you're an infidel. Plain and simple.

Many here in this forum know that I've stated that I used to be gay. Yep, used to be. It's a choice and I chose to leave that lifestyle. No, it wasn't easy, but my faith in Christ was much more important than living as a gay man. I could not reconcile my faith and my sexuality and chose to go with God.

Many on this forum have said I wasn't really gay, I just thought I was, or I was experimenting. Well, 'til you've lived in another man or woman's shoes it's not up to you to say what they are or were. For those who believe the Bible, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 verifies my statement that I "used to be" a homosexual.

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Christians, pray for the direction our country has turned. Pray that God will give us the strength and fortitude to persevere this new direction, away from Him.
Personally, I'm sick of hearing you people yell. I welcome the bill with open arms.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:02 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
He is no longer gay Rafius.
He is gay. It's his genetic make-up. As I said, he may not now be a practicing homosexual, he may be living a lie as a married man with children....but his genetic make-up identifies him as homosexual. You can't be a homosexual one day and not one the next. There is no doubt in my mind that if he had no belief in gods, he would be a practicing homosexual. He denies his sexuality because he believes his god disapproves of it.

Quote:
Why are you trying to cause problems.
I'm not! Just telling like it is. He needs to accept that there is nothing wrong with being homosexual. That is the way he is.

Quote:
I don't remember who but there was a post or two when I discussed the ten commandments and one or two maybe more said they don't believe in those and don't believe in sin.
I was one of the ones that said I didn't believe in 'sin'. Sin is a transgression against the laws of a god. I have no belief in gods so I do not 'sin'.

Quote:
That is a statement that atheists are exempt from wrong doing because a god or God doesn't exist in their eyes.
What absolute nonsense! Of course I'm not exempt from wrong doing. I am responsible to the law of the country in which I am at any particular time.

Quote:
What was done back then is nothing that any of us have any control over now. No one in the present is responsible for what happened back then.
Odd statement coming from one who believes that the whole of humanity, past, present and future should be held responsible for what two people are alleged to have done many thousands of years ago.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:28 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
He is gay. It's his genetic make-up. As I said, he may not now be a practicing homosexual, he may be living a lie as a married man with children....but his genetic make-up identifies him as homosexual. You can't be a homosexual one day and not one the next. There is no doubt in my mind that if he had no belief in gods, he would be a practicing homosexual. He denies his sexuality because he believes his god disapproves of it.

I'm not! Just telling like it is. He needs to accept that there is nothing wrong with being homosexual. That is the way he is.

I was one of the ones that said I didn't believe in 'sin'. Sin is a transgression against the laws of a god. I have no belief in gods so I do not 'sin'.

What absolute nonsense! Of course I'm not exempt from wrong doing. I am responsible to the law of the country in which I am at any particular time.

Odd statement coming from one who believes that the whole of humanity, past, present and future should be held responsible for what two people are alleged to have done many thousands of years ago.
Great post, can't rep you again yet. Would if I could!

Of course, Lightinsky won't "get" it. But that is nothing new.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:29 AM

4 posts, read 4,534 times
While this bill of Mr Obama's may well force people into keeping silent in public it should never force people into silence in the privacey of their own assemblies and homes.

The problem as I see it is you only need hint that sodomy is perverted and at once you can be branded as being hateful.

In other words, the natural aversion some people have regarding sodomy is a very popular beleif ground in man's natural aversion to the actual act itself. It is in no way hateful to hold this beleif no more than it is hateful to recoil from putting your hand on a hot stove.

But to transform this natural aversion into hatred by criminalising it is stretching common sense that one bit too far. For it is this insult on the intelligence that is the reason so many people feel offended, once they sense they are being forced to ignore the whisper of their own understanding.

Even so, a man who does cultivate sodomy will usually be left alone by most civilised people since there are already laws extant protecting all people from violence. But a healthy state of indignance should never once be confused with hatred.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:30 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post

Of course, Lightinsky won't "get" it. But that is nothing new.
I repped him for the both of us!!

Old 10-28-2009, 10:32 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
It's the thought that counts.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:34 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanlinnet View Post
While this bill of Mr Obama's may well force people into keeping silent in public it should never force people into silence in the privacey of their own assemblies and homes.

The problem as I see it is you only need hint that sodomy is perverted and at once you can be branded as being hateful.

In other words, the natural aversion some people have regarding sodomy is a very popular beleif ground in man's natural aversion to the actual act itself. It is in no way hateful to hold this beleif no more than it is hateful to recoil from putting your hand on a hot stove.

But to transform this natural aversion into hatred by criminalising it is stretching common sense that one bit too far. For it is this insult on the intelligence that is the reason so many people feel offended, once they sense they are being forced to ignore the whisper of their own understanding.

Even so, a man who does cultivate sodomy will usually be left alone by most civilised people since there are already laws extant protecting all people from violence. But a healthy state of indignance should never once be confused with hatred.
Lesbians don't do Sodomy and many many many gay men don't do it either. There is much more to it than that. What someone else does in their home and bedroom is nobody else's business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality