Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 01:26 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
That was all concocted years after his death by one of his followers named Saul--better known to history as Paul..
Go ahead and tell the whole story. Nothing at all was written about Jesus until 40-50 years after his death...then only by his own close circle of friends and associates. None of the known historians of that time except Josephus even mentioned him and mention is all Josephus did. All the miracles and god talk came from his own crew.

Being a realist and pragmatist brings me to ask..."Why Don't Psychics Ever Win The Lottery?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 12:04 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
Go ahead and tell the whole story. Nothing at all was written about Jesus until 40-50 years after his death...then only by his own close circle of friends and associates. None of the known historians of that time except Josephus even mentioned him and mention is all Josephus did. All the miracles and god talk came from his own crew.
Actually, I stopped typing when my fingers started getting tired!

Old 11-12-2009, 12:18 PM

66 posts, read 95,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post

Being a realist and pragmatist brings me to ask..."Why Don't Psychics Ever Win The Lottery?"
Actually, The Synoptics were written around 60 AD or 25-30 years after. It is believed that there was a collection of writings compiled from the written down sermons that the apostles gave, called "Q". Mark was likely first. With Matthew largely using a lot of his material.

The lack of any of them mentioning the destruction of the temple in 70AD (and the prophecy Christ gave regarding it) seems to indicate they were written prior to it.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:38 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouDon'tKnowMe View Post
The lack of any of them mentioning the destruction of the temple in 70AD (and the prophecy Christ gave regarding it) seems to indicate they were written prior to it.
Or it might be that they were written in Greece, which is where some of the surviving Jewish community--including several of Jesus' disciples--wound up after the War with Rome. The Temple would've had much less of a claim on their emotions from across the Mediterranean.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:49 PM

190 posts, read 242,339 times
Montana guy you sound like you know more than God, by suggesting that..God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit

Old 11-13-2009, 11:51 PM

190 posts, read 242,339 times
The Lord says if you deny me then I will deny you, if you are ashamed of me then I will be ashamed of you before my Father in Heaven

Old 11-14-2009, 04:53 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingNutt View Post
I disagree. I believe God chooses to work in the process because that's what he wants.
I disagree...if there was a living god he/she/it was killed in the big bang.

Old 11-14-2009, 06:53 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
People don't go to hell because they never heard the name Jesus, people go to hell because they broke God's law. We know there is a God because He gave us a conscience (with knowledge) why would you feel bad if you got away with it? He gave us a creation, the order and design of creation screams there is a creator. God will reveal Himself to everyone in His own way. Every nation, tribe etc.....has some sort of deity because we know God exist unfortuantely because of sin we misplace the truth of the one true God.

Read the story of Helen Keller who was deaf and blind and when Annie Sullivan finally broke through the isolation imposed by a near complete lack of language taught her about Christ, she responded she knew He existed, she just didn't know his name. God revealed Himself to Helen Keller.

But will Osama Bin Laden go to hell after his government trial which is upcoming? Just being absurd. According to Bush it is the axis of Evil which I'm not sure Bin Laden was for that needs to be put on trial at the Human Law.

p.s does the flood at the Creation of Noah's Ark mean that people were wicked at God's lights on Nature or with Man?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality