Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 01:34 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,889,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sous777 View Post
And you haven't addressed any of my other points.
I was gettng ready to sous, but I decided to look back at a couple of threads and realized what a strong presense you had on the threads that were closed in P&oC as well as here.

It's all been said. And you were right there when it was said.

Old 05-19-2007, 02:39 PM

179 posts, read 119,969 times
So now your refusal to answer the hard hitting questions is because of my "strong presence" in threads pertaining to gay rights?

What about the "strong presence" of those against gay rights? I really think this is a matter of you having no valid arguments against the ones I've made.

I told you, use your Biblical verses...but I'm still trying to figure out why gay marriage rights are such an issue with so many Christians.

Old 05-19-2007, 03:11 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,796,420 times
Quote:
So now your refusal to answer the hard hitting questions is because of my "strong presence" in threads pertaining to gay rights?

What about the "strong presence" of those against gay rights? I really think this is a matter of you having no valid arguments against the ones I've made.

I told you, use your Biblical verses...but I'm still trying to figure out why gay marriage rights are such an issue with so many Christians.
When Alpha says she's done, then you can believe it. This is a person who will keep responding and quite well, I might add, after everyone else is exasperated. You have been confrontational and unable to accept all the answers that have already been given to you by Christians in other threads, so if Alpha is done and I'm done, then the soapbox has been kicked out from underneath you. Go back and read the threads and really listen to what was said to you, my friend. Gay marriage rights aren't the issue with Christians...the issue is that of homosexuality being a sin to begin with.

Old 05-19-2007, 03:18 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,009,701 times
Quote:

Believe me when I say that NO ONE HERE really wants to go there...Of course we all secretly within ourselves have an answer, but nobody is going to come right out and say it on here!
WHY you might ask?
#1 It's called knowing when to say when...none of us want offend or insult anyone by going to far and saying something we might later regret...we may be Christians but we are HUMAN!
#2 Most of us have already given up on the topic, because there isn't anyone on here that is truly and legitimately asking for our honest/humble opinions...All that is going on here is you (and others) trying to darken Christianity by belittling our beliefs and making us seem hateful and intolerable while putting yourselves and your views up on a pedastal

Old 05-19-2007, 03:56 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,461,151 times
Quote:

Sous, I don't think you are going to get the answer you are looking for on this board. Sometimes, the points you make have a lot of validity and people are scared to refute them because of the nature of the conversation. As someone else said you're only going to get one of two answers. But, I think your point has been made.

Old 05-19-2007, 05:06 PM

This is so typical, and exactly what was to be expected. You say I am confrontational, that I "belittle" your beliefs, and I'm still failing to see the logic behind that reason. I simply asked questions and asked you to elaborate on the reasons behind your beliefs...which believe it or not, is still not entirely clear.

I even offered to renig on my previous statement about not using Biblical verses. If that helps your argument, then by all means use it.

Again, it seems as though your reluctance to answer the hard hitting questions is because you cannot come up with a valid rebuttal.

Old 05-19-2007, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Gay marriage rights aren't the issue with Christians...the issue is that of homosexuality being a sin to begin with.
Exactly my point. And your personal religious views on what is/isn't sinful are in no way, shape, or form an acceptable reason as to why these people should be denied equal rights.

You address the same issue over and over how you believe homosexuality is a sin...yet give no other legitamite reason other than your religion as to why these people should be discriminated against.

And that's what I was asking for in the OP.

Old 05-19-2007, 05:17 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times
Northsouth wrote:
Quote:
Gay marriage rights aren't the issue with Christians.
I can't agree with that statement. Many Christian organizations want to add a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriages specifically. When something rises to the level of importance that society is considering a constitutional amendment it's supposed to be addressing an urgent need and not adding frivolous changes to our constitution that most of us believe in. What is there about weddings that is of such urgency that we need to even consider an amendment? But even the President said he'd support it. Also, when this topic has come up in many states the religious organizations were there to fight it every step of the way. I have to agree with the point of this thread. I don't see why there's such a fuss about gay people and I can't imagine why people feel threatened by them.

Old 05-19-2007, 05:25 PM

So many other issues in this world, and in this nation to contend with and doesn't it seem like gays are at the center of attention?

It's almost like....the United States was built on the principle of one or more groups marginalizing others. It started with Native Americans, then it was blacks, and Asians, etc.

Now, it's gays - the last group to discriminate against, marginalize, and hate. Believe you me, this hate and ignorance will not be allowed to continue. Whether you like it or not, gay marriage will become legal very soon.

Old 05-19-2007, 05:26 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,009,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Northsouth wrote:

I can't agree with that statement. Many Christian organizations want to add a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriages specifically. When something rises to the level of importance that society is considering a constitutional amendment it's supposed to be addressing an urgent need and not adding frivolous changes to our constitution that most of us believe in. What is there about weddings that is of such urgency that we need to even consider an amendment? But even the President said he'd support it. Also, when this topic has come up in many states the religious organizations were there to fight it every step of the way. I have to agree with the point of this thread. I don't see why there's such a fuss about gay people and I can't imagine why people feel threatened by them.
I can see where you are coming from MontanaGuy...but on the same token wouldn't legalizing it pretty much be the same as condoning it? I mean, there are a lot of people wanting to legalize marajuana and that would also be condoning it as well. It's more of a matter of where we draw the line. If Christians and everyone else that is now opposed to gay marriage opt to approve it...later on down the road 3 and 4 people are going to want to get married or older men are going to want to push it through to make it ok to marry a 12 year old etc. To me, other than the fact that it is a sin (and I won't even go into my own personal feelings on the matter) that's my next biggest reason against it. Everytime you approve something, the next time it gets bigger and even more immoral...know what I mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality