Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 06:39 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,525,164 times

Advertisements

If you are, try to remember thoes who paid for that freedom with their lives. This weekend belongs to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2007, 06:46 PM

23,019 posts, read 34,390,903 times
Oh you are so right! Freedom is not free!!

Old 05-26-2007, 06:56 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,627,765 times
Thanks for starting this thread. I had a couple of good friends who died in Viet Nam when they were just in their late teens. They deserve to be honoured. If the generation who fought in World War II hadn't sacrified their lives I can't even imagine what the world would be like today.

Old 05-26-2007, 06:59 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,198,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeantL View Post
If you are, try to remember thoes who paid for that freedom with their lives. This weekend belongs to them.
Amen! freedom loving saints of God rejoice!!

Old 05-26-2007, 08:00 PM

7,541 posts, read 17,241,244 times
Freedom loving atheists and non-Christian religious members can rejoice, too!

Old 05-26-2007, 08:14 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,786,110 times
Yep, I'm with you! Not only those who fought in wars, but also remember those we loved who died in other ways.

Have a good and safe weekend!

Old 05-26-2007, 08:38 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,514,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Thanks for starting this thread. I had a couple of good friends who died in Viet Nam when they were just in their late teens. They deserve to be honoured. If the generation who fought in World War II hadn't sacrified their lives I can't even imagine what the world would be like today.
Our Viet nam soldiers who died and our Viet nam veterans are always very special people to honor. They fought and died in a war that most Americans protested against violently and shamefully. Not stopping to think who was preserving that very freedom. In all the other wars we were part of, our soldiers were welcomed home with cheering and honor. Not our Viet Nam soldiers, until years later. I HONOR ALL THE NAM VETERANS HERE IN THIS FORUM , I HONOR ALL THE VETERANS WHO NEVER CAME HOME.

Old 05-26-2007, 08:53 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,669,583 times
What a lovely tribute to our Heros. I echo the sentiment and honor to all vetrans. I also want to say that this includes peace time men and women as well. Although not called to active war duty , you guys were on the ready and would have given your lives if need arose.

My dh was Special Forces; his oldest brother Ranger; youngest brother in the Navy. Of the three, the younger one went to Iraq. First hand exposure to army life showed me a side of these brave men and women that I will never forget.

Old 05-26-2007, 09:11 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,482,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Our Viet nam soldiers who died and our Viet nam veterans are always very special people to honor. They fought and died in a war that most Americans protested against violently and shamefully.
Really? That's hardly how I remember it. Most Americans? Violently and shamefully? That's somewhat revisionist of you to say that.

Quote:
Not stopping to think who was preserving that very freedom.
Against the prospect of its being taken away by the Viet Cong? By Ho Chi Minh? Try to get a grip.

Quote:
In all the other wars we were part of, our soldiers were welcomed home with cheering and honor. Not our Viet Nam soldiers, until years later.
Nam vets came home in one's and two's. Often they themselves didn't know when they would get there. But each was welcomed and embraced by those who knew and loved them. And then we had to try to make so many well again. But I will agree that the treatment of Nam vets by such as the VFW and American Legion was a disgrace. Turned them away as a bunch of dope-smoking longhairs who had never fought in any real war anyway. That kind of hurt a little bit.

Old 05-26-2007, 09:26 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,514,650 times
Once again I apologize for upsetting people. I was an adult at the time of the Viet Nam War, In fact I was in the service just before the war actually started. I wish I could undo all the pain and suffering I may have inflicted on the posters who are insulted . I have not and will not intententially cause anyone any harm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality