Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 09:26 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,745,612 times

Advertisements

Vietnam--58,226 killed or missing in action, how many deaths does it take to make it a war instead of a conflict? I wasnt there, I wasnt born yet, but I know many men that were there, to them it was a war, and I appreciate them and every other American who served!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2007, 09:48 PM

1 posts, read 859 times
I lost My Father In WW11 .For all who lost their lives.From the First war for freedom.Till all who have lost includeing the innocent lives.Our Native Americans .The pain of loss is deep for myself and countless other Americans.

I Am Proud to be An American

Old 05-26-2007, 10:31 PM

208 posts, read 645,454 times
Default God bless our freedom

God bless our past heros who fought for our "freedom" May we all fly our flags high and remember them in memory this weekend.

And too the heros who believe in our "freedom" and are still fighting for it, may we give a moment of pause for them this weekend and fly the flag high for their safe return home

God Bless each and everyone who has lost a member due to war. Your love ones are remembered thoughtout the U.S.A

God Bless us all for the great freedom of life we live. Have a safe and happy weekend.

Old 05-26-2007, 10:34 PM

208 posts, read 645,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erling View Post
I lost My Father In WW11 .For all who lost their lives.From the First war for freedom.Till all who have lost includeing the innocent lives.Our Native Americans .The pain of loss is deep for myself and countless other Americans.

I Am Proud to be An American
Sorry to hear of the loss of your father, I thank him for his service tour.

Old 05-27-2007, 11:33 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times
I got to thinking about the two guys I mentioned on my first post who died in Viet Nam, Dennis Sonnstang and Florian Zahn. I knew them both from my neighborhood from grade school through High School. I'll be going to my 40th class reunion in August. It made me realize that both of them only lived about a quarter of their expected life span and all of the possibilities that the future held for each of them was destroyed. It's really important to keep that in mind and realize what it means to sacrifice your life.

Old 05-28-2007, 07:06 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,889,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
It's really important to keep that in mind and realize what it means to sacrifice your life.
Amen, montanaguy, Amen!

Old 05-28-2007, 01:05 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,009,701 times
My thoughts and prayers go out today and EVERYDAY to those that have fought and lost their lives in past and present as well as all survivors from past years and present. I would like to thank each and every one of our soldiers who have fought for this great country!!!!

And as I have said before:

Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,

Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality