Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 10:37 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,434,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Well, there are lots of hot babes in the world, confirming Eve was hot, as per all the religious artwork. She must have passed her physical traits unchanging through the generations to many women.

And what about the ugly ones? Well my friends, I have learned the hard way that it is truly dangerous and wrong to verbalize the phrase "ugly woman", so if it isn't ever said one could (maybe) argue they don't actually exist.

Therefore, I conclude creationism is 'da bomb, because there are no ugly women. That could only have happen if god made a perfect babe from a piece of man-sized prime rib and there are no genetic mutations that could lead to ugly women.
Perhaps both camps are right or half right.Maybe the 'hot babes' are decendants of 'Eve' who was created by God......and the ugly ones evolved from apes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 08:31 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times
Wow, am I the only one that posted an argument for creationism? It was a classic.

Old 01-24-2010, 04:35 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigetmax24 View Post
Lead on maestro!

Please explain how this so called "physical evidence" proves the 'time + chance + matter' hypothesis to be anything more than an hypothesis.
Simple.

1) Open eyes & record vast bodies of proven information.

2) Open mind and process that information.

3) Ignore the biased criticisms of those with much to lose. They lie.

4) Accept the truth of what you've seen.

Old 01-24-2010, 04:42 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,940,678 times
Einstein, Newton, Hawkins, Darwin all believe/believed in creationism and those guys were really smart so why don't you?

Old 01-24-2010, 04:53 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Einstein, Newton, Hawkins, Darwin all believe/believed in creationism and those guys were really smart so why don't you?
This is a joke right?

Old 05-24-2011, 09:10 AM

646 posts, read 634,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LZKay1 View Post
I'm curious as to the best arguments supporting creationism. By creationism, I'm referring to the idea that a Creator created matter and species as is.

For example, people who believe in evolution have physical evidence such as species having similar skeleton structures, fossil evidence, geograpic distribution of similiar looking species, etc. What do people who believe creationism say to best support their argument?
The FACT that abiogenesis is impossible.
You are operating with things already in existence.
How did creatures evolve with no evidence of their beginning?
Do you have any evidence that life began gradually?

YouTube - ‪Scientific Proof of God‬‏

All the evidence points to the fact that life began instantly.
What "physical evidence" do you have for the origin of life?

Let's see what you have that successfully refutes Schroeder on this point.

(\__/)
( ‘ .‘ )
>(^)<

Wilson

Old 05-24-2011, 09:26 AM

419 posts, read 365,378 times
There are actually arguments supporting creationism?

Old 05-24-2011, 09:54 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazyone57 View Post
There are actually arguments supporting creationism?
Oh, there are a bunch, but NONE has stood up to rational scrutiny. Some have even gone to court when used to promote teaching ID in schools - and were judged to be laughable nonsense.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:13 AM

118 posts, read 111,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LZKay1 View Post
I'm curious as to the best arguments supporting creationism. By creationism, I'm referring to the idea that a Creator created matter and species as is.

For example, people who believe in evolution have physical evidence such as species having similar skeleton structures, fossil evidence, geograpic distribution of similiar looking species, etc. What do people who believe creationism say to best support their argument?
LZKay, thanks for the post. I find your question interesting. Science is not my forte, but I do know enough to be dangerous. What is interesting is that evolution does not address HOW life came to be. It assumes this and only addresses how life operates and advances through countless mutations and natural selection AFTER we have our "starting elements." In other words, creation of life and evolution are two separate topics.

Let me mention one thing before I begin... I believe Science and Religion are perfectly compatible and ARE NOT at odds... it is not either God OR Science, it is God and Science. Additionally, my beef is not with science itself, it is with naturalists that smuggle in their philosophical views and attempt to take science in realms it has no business being in. Science is also limited and can't answer some of the deepest philosophical questions of life.

That being said, virtually every scientist will agree the Big Bang happened. They will further concede that before the Big Bang there was a point of singularity, where even the law of physics break down. So in essence... science cannot explain this point of singularity any better than simple faith in a religious world view can. What's funny is the ridicule of how much faith it requires for a religious person to believe that a god created the universe. They are viewed as second rate in intellect and comprehension... yet nothing has been mentioned of some of the fantastical theories naturalists have cooked up to explain how life started. Francis Crick, a Nobel Prize winner for his work in discovering the structure of DNA, went on record by stating he believes aliens deliberately started life on earth by "seeding it." And the theist is told they have to have faith to believe a god created life? Nonsense like this only strengthens my view of a personal creator. I would have to have MORE faith to believe in such a ridiculous claim. The truth is there are many brilliant theistic scientists. People like Dr. Lennox, who is a professor at Oxford and has triple doctorates.

Finally, even if a religious person concedes that evolution, in its entirety, is true... it simply does nothing to disprove a creator god.

Last edited by Baylorguy; 05-24-2011 at 11:39 AM..

Old 05-24-2011, 11:56 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
Well, I've learned a lot since this thread first came out. I now know there are only about 1/3 as many hot babes as I initially thought and I am not alowed to touch any of them, despite having inherited burning loins and an abnormally high virility from my Polygamist ancestors.

But I digress (again). The ONLY way the creationist story of the bible could have literally happended and still work with the laws of nature as we know them is if we are living our lives in a computer simulation (a la The Matrix) and are mistaking it for reality. Otherwise, it is pure allegory from the minds of man.

Last edited by Chango; 05-24-2011 at 12:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality