Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 05:22 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,461,151 times

Advertisements

So how did Noah get the T-Rex and Brontosaurus and Velociraptors on the boat? Weren't they living when humans were according to the bible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2007, 05:29 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
So how did Noah get the T-Rex and Brontosaurus and Velociraptors on the boat? Weren't they living when humans were according to the bible?
Are you really expecting or interested in receiving a response to this post? Or do you just want to make fun of Christian's beliefs?

Old 05-30-2007, 05:48 AM

646 posts, read 1,610,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Perfectly said ILNC
Like I said earlier, God created the world so it's no problem for him to flood His world.
But why would he hide the evidence that he did it? Why would he give Noah impossible dimensions for the ark? Why would he not flood the Egyptian and Chinese civilizations (they seem to have not noticed that they were underwater).

Old 05-30-2007, 06:00 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch00 View Post
But why would he hide the evidence that he did it? Why would he give Noah impossible dimensions for the ark? Why would he not flood the Egyptian and Chinese civilizations (they seem to have not noticed that they were underwater).
Stretcho00, I am sorry I cannot give you the answers you seek. I am assuming you are sincere. I do know that it is believed that the ark landed in eastern Turkey on Mt. Ararat. You can find info about it easily if your interested enough to google it. I am going to look into a bit myself because as another poster stated sometimes being questioned on details like this forces us to be on our toes. I don't know about Egypt and China but I'm going to look into it. Thanks for your post.

Old 05-30-2007, 06:08 AM

646 posts, read 1,610,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Stretcho00, I am sorry I cannot give you the answers you seek. I am assuming you are sincere. I do know that it is believed that the ark landed in eastern Turkey on Mt. Ararat. You can find info about it easily if your interested enough to google it. I am going to look into a bit myself because as another poster stated sometimes being questioned on details like this forces us to be on our toes. I don't know about Egypt and China but I'm going to look into it. Thanks for your post.
I am sincere. I do not think that you will find the answers; I have looked but have been unable myself.

I know that the ark is believed to have landed on Ararat, but no evidence of the Ark has ever been found. As a result, I think that the belief is simply that, a belief, devoid of evidence.

Do check out the Egyption and Chinese civs. They have an unbroken line of documentation going back thousands of years. It causes serious problems for christians who adhere to YEC (earth about 6000 years old).

I will reiterate. Although I am an atheist, given enough evidence I would become a christian again. I think it unlikely that the evidence exists, but I am certainly open to the possibility. My questions are sincere.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:32 AM

23,016 posts, read 34,387,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch00 View Post
I am sincere. I do not think that you will find the answers; I have looked but have been unable myself.

I know that the ark is believed to have landed on Ararat, but no evidence of the Ark has ever been found. As a result, I think that the belief is simply that, a belief, devoid of evidence.

Do check out the Egyption and Chinese civs. They have an unbroken line of documentation going back thousands of years. It causes serious problems for christians who adhere to YEC (earth about 6000 years old).

I will reiterate. Although I am an atheist, given enough evidence I would become a christian again. I think it unlikely that the evidence exists, but I am certainly open to the possibility. My questions are sincere.
You're looking for physical evidence and it cannot be proved because it's not head knowledge, it's heart knowledge, faith. Hebrews 11:1 "What is faith? It is the confident assurance that what he hope for is going to happen. It is the evidence of things we cannot yet see". Romans 10:17"So faith comes from hearing and hearing by the word of Christ".

Jeremiah 29:13 "If you look for me in earnest you will find me when you seek me".

Look to the Bible for your answers, they are there.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:49 AM

124 posts, read 396,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Where did you get that from???
If the Bible is the word of God without lies, then in order to believe Joshua 10:13-14 you have to also believe the earth revolves around the sun. A reasonable person would also expect such an extraordinary event would be recorded by other civilizations. It wasn’t.

Joshua 10:13-14 (King James Version)

13: And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

14: And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the LORD hearkened unto the voice of a man: for the LORD fought for Israel.

He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved. (From the NIV Bible, Psalm 104:5)"

"take the earth by the edges and shake the wicked out of it (Job 38:12-13)
How do you take a sphere by the edges?

"The earth takes shape like clay under a seal." (Job 38:14)
Clay under a seal is flat.

"[T]he devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them"
(Matthew 4:1-12)

The visions of my head as I lay in bed were these: I saw, and behold, a tree in the midst of the earth; and its height was great. The tree grew and became strong, and its top reached to heaven, and it was visible to the end of the whole earth. (Daniel 4:10-11)

No matter how high you are on a sphere you can’t see the opposite side. However, if you think the world is flat it is believable.

You can find many Christian apologists that will give you different explanations. Those explanations are absolutely necessary in order for an intelligent Christian to believe the Bible. Without them, the Bible is what it really is, a fairy tale.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:12 AM

23,016 posts, read 34,387,993 times
Art, that what happens when you just pick a verse and don't study the whole story. In Joshua, God prolonged the day by a miracle and His intervention turned the tide of the battle for His people.
Ps 104:5-Last time I looked the earth was still here
Job 38: God's point was that if Job could not explain common events in nature how could he possibly explain or question God.
Matt 4:1 says Jesus could see all of Jerusalem, why is that unusual from a high point?
Daniel 4:10 was a dream that Nebuchadezzar had

Maybe you should try reading more of the Bible that you are picking these verses from and you might begin to understand.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:13 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
You know what? Call me picky, but being drowned would DEFINITELY be against my will. How is killing someone *not* a violation?
Just a thought - consider this...

You are taking your very next breath because God allows it.

You are not exercising your free will by continuing to breathe. You are exercising HIS will for you.

He will have mercy on on whom He will. (Exodus 33:19 - I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.)

Evidently, you are among that number. Consider yourself loved by a merciful and compassionate God. Be thankful instead of accusatory because you can't get your hands around who He is, and can't understand every move He makes. He doesn't owe us any explanations. He knows that you don't understand, and until He sees that you are genuinely searching for understanding and wisdom and knowledge of Him instead of just being critical, you'll just be going around in circles.

Faith is a gift, and all you need to do is ask for it. A lot of things become much clearer then. Mind you, it doesn't give you every answer instantly, but one grows in the knowledge and wisdom of God if faith is the foundation.

I look at it this way: I don't understand everything there is to know about God and what He did or did not do and, btw, I don't need to but I understand enough, and am very willing to leave the rest to Him.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:14 AM

124 posts, read 396,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Art, that what happens when you just pick a verse and don't study the whole story. In Joshua, God prolonged the day by a miracle and His intervention turned the tide of the battle for His people.
Ps 104:5-Last time I looked the earth was still here
Job 38: God's point was that if Job could not explain common events in nature how could he possibly explain or question God.
Matt 4:1 says Jesus could see all of Jerusalem, why is that unusual from a high point?
Daniel 4:10 was a dream that Nebuchadezzar had

Maybe you should try reading more of the Bible that you are picking these verses from and you might begin to understand.
Now you are doing what jabogitlu accused me of doing, "extrapolating non-entities from the Bible." I have read Joshua 10 and it does not mention the word "miracle". It says that Joshua ask God to still the sun and God answered his prayer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality