Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 03:30 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,004,753 times

Advertisements

'Christian warrior' militia accused in plot to kill police - CNN.com

Quote:
The group says on its Web site that Hutaree means "Christian warrior" and proclaims on its home page, "Preparing for the end time battles to keep the testimony of Jesus Christ alive."

Quote:
In the Web site's "About Us" section, the group says, "We believe that one day, as prophecy says, there will be an Anti-Christ. All Christians must know this and prepare, just as Christ commanded."
Quote:
"Generally, Patriot groups define themselves as opposed to the 'New World Order,'...
I've pointed out time and time again that what we see today (nothing new) was EXACTLY the same thing going on in Palestine 2,000 years ago. You could find no better parallels. There were Jewish militants who, in their minds, believed the world was coming to an end, that a messiah was on his way to lead them in battle against the evil Roman Empire (Babylon) and eventually set up his kingdom.

They also viewed those not on their bandwagon with suspicion, seeing them as traitors and worthy of death. They refused to support the government and the "foreigner" king. They claimed he was not a "pure" Jew but was rather a descendant of an enemy people (the Idumaens). They probably disputed his passport too. They believed their people were falling for evil outside influences and that they were losing their country and sought to bring it back "under god." As a result, "Tea Party" movements sprung up all over the place and they were not above resorting to violence to intimidate and kill to establish their agenda fueled by the notion that the end was near. They killed government officials and their own fellowmen and others simply abandoned society and fled into isolation to await a cosmic hero, living under ridiculously strict guidelines.

Any of this sounds familiar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 05:23 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Sounds like the beginnings of the Christian Taliban.....The Hutaree. I wonder how large this group Moderator cut: deleted is?

Last edited by june 7th; 03-29-2010 at 06:23 PM..

Old 03-30-2010, 07:03 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,716,040 times
I bet they're not True Christians(tm), so no need to worry.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:17 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Question Members of "Christian Warriors" group arrested on plot to kill officers.

So, killing cops is now the "Christian" thing to do?

Who would Jesus hate?

Old 03-30-2010, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
I bet they're not True Christians(tm), so no need to worry.
That's often the cry but here's the interesting part. Just recently a few Christians wanted to convince us that this nation was once a Christian nation to which I asked, "when?" I know that when they say this, they point to the 1950s when all that mattered was white Christians going to church with bible in hand, stepping out of their nice cars, driving in from suburbia. Those were the good old days, completely ignoring the miserable plight of millions of other Americans not seeing the good life.

When they are not talking about those times, they are harping on the times of the [Christian] founding fathers. When it is pointed out that early America was built by pounding slaves into the ground or by stealing Indian lands (I know it was what it was and not trying to stir up resentment here, but rather, to make a point) through the doings of "Christian" men and women, I am told that such people were not TRUE Christians. So then, let's remove ALL the people from the list who owned slaves and stole Indian lands and tell me how many TRUE Christians you had left? Was it it enough to justify this nation (at that time) was a Christian nation in the true principle of what some modern Christians consider Christian behavior? There is often no answer.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:28 AM

1,301 posts, read 2,110,675 times
Every group of people has their share of nutcases, I suppose.

I'm gonna assume, in fairness, that these people don't represent the large majority of Christians in this country. It's good to see they were dealt with before something bad happened.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:29 AM

7,728 posts, read 12,622,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
'Christian warrior' militia accused in plot to kill police - CNN.com

I've pointed out time and time again that what we see today (nothing new) was EXACTLY the same thing going on in Palestine 2,000 years ago. You could find no better parallels. There were Jewish militants who, in their minds, believed the world was coming to an end, that a messiah was on his way to lead them in battle against the evil Roman Empire (Babylon) and eventually set up his kingdom.

They also viewed those not on their bandwagon with suspicion, seeing them as traitors and worthy of death. They refused to support the government and the "foreigner" king. They claimed he was not a "pure" Jew but was rather a descendant of an enemy people (the Idumaens). They probably disputed his passport too. They believed their people were falling for evil outside influences and that they were losing their country and sought to bring it back "under god." As a result, "Tea Party" movements sprung up all over the place and they were not above resorting to violence to intimidate and kill to establish their agenda fueled by the notion that the end was near. They killed government officials and their own fellowmen and others simply abandoned society and fled into isolation to await a cosmic hero, living under ridiculously strict guidelines.

Any of this sounds familiar?
Yes I read about this on Yahoo frontpage. Sad. These people were absolutely NOT Christians. They are mentally disturbed people. Each and every single one of them. One fool following the next. How did they even get to point they think using guns and killing people is apart of God's plan? That is immoral and it is a sin. So they were commiting sin whilst believing they were doing God's bidding? Makes no sense. Like I said, mentally disturbed. All of them.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Yes I read about this on Yahoo frontpage. Sad. These people were absolutely NOT Christians. They are mentally disturbed people. Each and every single one of them. One fool following the next. How did they even get to point they think using guns and killing people is apart of God's plan? That is immoral and it is a sin. So they were commiting sin whilst believing they were doing God's bidding? Makes no sense. Like I said, mentally disturbed. All of them.
The leap is not that far. One of the perplexing questions of our times has been, "how/why does seemingly sane people get to the point where they have NO problems killing another person if ordered to do so?" Recently a French game show set out to explore this. In fact, the show is called "Game of Death." I don't recall all the details and I am too lazy to Google it, but contestants are instructed/persuaded to torture a 'victim' on stage by sending electrical shocks into the victim's body. Shockingly, without knowing any facts and with just the persuasion of the game show host and the approval of an audience behind them, these "normal" people sent the shocks into the victim's body. Fortunately, the victim is an actor and there are no electrical shocks being administered. The actor's job is to simply pretend he or she is being shocked to death and despite the credible acting far more people then less were willing to "pull the switch." These are supposedly NORMAL, everyday, sane people.

I bring up the above example to point out that with all kinds of people running around believing the sky is falling, believing that a book predicts this and that there is a big, bad, evil conspiracy going on to persecute and kill Christians, taking away their rights to serve their god, it is NOT hard to prod such people to pick up arms to defend themselves from some boogeyman that exists in their minds. Think about it.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:08 AM

7,728 posts, read 12,622,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
The leap is not that far. One of the perplexing questions of our times has been, "how/why does seemingly sane people get to the point where they have NO problems killing another person if ordered to do so?" Recently a French game show set out to explore this. In fact, the show is called "Game of Death." I don't recall all the details and I am too lazy to Google it, but contestants are instructed/persuaded to torture a 'victim' on stage by sending electrical shocks into the victim's body. Shockingly, without knowing any facts and with just the persuasion of the game show host and the approval of an audience behind them, these "normal" people sent the shocks into the victim's body. Fortunately, the victim is an actor and there are no electrical shocks being administered. The actor's job is to simply pretend he or she is being shocked to death and despite the credible acting far more people then less were willing to "pull the switch." These are supposedly NORMAL, everyday, sane people.

I bring up the above example to point out that with all kinds of people running around believing the sky is falling, believing that a book predicts this and that there is a big, bad, evil conspiracy going on to persecute and kill Christians, taking away their rights to serve their god, it is NOT hard to prod such people to pick up arms to defend themselves from some boogeyman that exists in their minds. Think about it.
No Seriously. This group was NOT Christian in nature at all! This article I found was taken straight from the horses mouth!

Member: Christian warrior militia not Christian nor militia (http://http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/03/30/member-christian-warrior-militia-not-christian-nor-militia/ - broken link)

Old 03-30-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
No Seriously. This group was NOT Christian in nature at all!

Member: Christian warrior militia not Christian nor militia (http://http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/03/30/member-christian-warrior-militia-not-christian-nor-militia/ - broken link)
I'm not saying they are or they are not. What is frightening is that they can use the Bible AND find premise and reason to do these things. I mean, they can dig up the book of Deuteronomy and find a passage that they believe tells them to kill ANYONE they feel is trying to turn them away from god. If they feel the government is doing this, take it from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality