Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 06:22 PM

165 posts, read 555,352 times

Advertisements

What if Christianity was only 1/4 of Gods message to us. Think about it !!! Ministers, Priests, reverands, and preachers all read the bible and apply it to the beliefs of that certain religion. Presperterions, Prodestants, Cathlocs, and Methodests, all study the same bible and get different things out of it. I honestly think that God created us to find him in our own way. Not by a religion, or by a Book, or by a Church. But by what our hearts know what is true. God wouldn't create all of us and only have one way to get to him in heaven. But alot of us think thats to big of a picture, and to complex. So the Born agains believe it's through Jesus Christ. So I think God sees this as ...Okay, Thats how theyt know me, I love them, Their in !!! And it's probably like that through all of his different believers with different religous, points of view.
Non believers are still created by God and will know him in the end. Only those that have sinned and feel no remorse and don't care about their crimes in life, are not worthy of heaven and will be bounded in hell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 10:29 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,816,055 times
I think you are right on track with this line of thinking. Hopefully you will meet and know many people in your life that also believe like this, we are great people to hang out with.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:31 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Well, sorry, just can't buy it. Jesus said He was the ONLY way to the Father and I believe Him.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:48 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,780,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Well, sorry, just can't buy it. Jesus said He was the ONLY way to the Father and I believe Him.
Amen, if there was more too it the Bible would say, that there was many ways, but it doesn't. I choose to trust Him.
MBG

Old 06-11-2007, 10:48 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,464,272 times
I used to think that way, but after reading the bible . . . not just excerpts I realized that I was putting my own "spin" on it and sugar coating.

There is only one way as KayKay said above.

Old 06-11-2007, 11:33 PM

Arrow Thats what all Born agains believe !!!!!

Like I said, Evanglistic Christians are close minded and only want to believe in a small fraction of what Gods message really is. Why would he create so many different religions, and different kinds of teachers and only have one way to get to him ? In your heart of hearts, You know there has to be more to God then what the Bible has to say. This isn't a spin on what I just believe. Alot of Gods believers think this way. God is much more complex then what the Evanglistics make him out to be. He created us in his own Image. Gods a loving God right ? So if he created us in his own image and is loving, Why are there so many othe religions and people that worship him in different ways and believe in different messages from all Christian and Godly religions. You Born again's believe the only way to heaven is through Jesus Christ. Iv'e litterally heard preachers in sermons ask why it is so hard for us "Non Believers " not to get and understand such a simple message. Simple answer. Because God is not a spoiled Child that reacts out of anger. He isn't a sovern that would kill half of his creation, because they might disagree with him. This is why I don't feel alot of Believers that worship God get his whole message.
The Bible holds alot of truth to him, But there are things he wants us to read between the lines with. Homosexuality is a big one. Yes !!!! I know it says it's wrong in at least 2-3 chapters in the Bible. But why would he create Homosexuals if they weren't meant to be here ? Every Good and bad thing on this earth was put here by God for a reason. I don't think God meant to be prejudace to his own creations. I have a friend who's known he was Gay since he was 7 yrs old.

Old 06-11-2007, 11:38 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,780,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Like I said, Evanglistic Christians are close minded and only want to believe in a small fraction of what Gods message really is. Why would he create so many different religions, and different kinds of teachers and only have one way to get to him ? In your heart of hearts, You know there has to be more to God then what the Bible has to say. This isn't a spin on what I just believe. Alot of Gods believers think this way. God is much more complex then what the Evanglistics make him out to be. He created us in his own Image. Gods a loving God right ? So if he created us in his own image and is loving, Why are there so many othe religions and people that worship him in different ways and believe in different messages from all Christian and Godly religions. You Born again's believe the only way to heaven is through Jesus Christ. Iv'e litterally heard preachers in sermons ask why it is so hard for us "Non Believers " not to get and understand such a simple message. Simple answer. Because God is not a spoiled Child that reacts out of anger. He isn't a sovern that would kill half of his creation, because they might disagree with him. This is why I don't feel alot of Believers that worship God get his whole message.
The Bible holds alot of truth to him, But there are things he wants us to read between the lines with. Homosexuality is a big one. Yes !!!! I know it says it's wrong in at least 2-3 chapters in the Bible. But why would he create Homosexuals if they weren't meant to be here ? Every Good and bad thing on this earth was put here by God for a reason. I don't think God meant to be prejudace to his own creations. I have a friend who's known he was Gay since he was 7 yrs old.
It is not about being closed minded it is about submitting to the will of God. You are closed minded in not accepting out willingness to follow our Father and critizicing it.
A Christian must believe what is written, and follow our Truth, to ignore what God requires would be against our beliefs, to accept any other way would be we do not have faith in out God, and His Word. BTW we have a couple of threads on homosexuality already.

MBG

Old 06-11-2007, 11:48 PM

The truth is he didn't choose to be Gay, He was born that way !!!! In his heart he knew God created him that way. I'm sure alot of Gays feel that way.
Let me ask you something, If the Bible said to eccept people for who they are Gay, Strait, Black, white. Would you still hate people who are different then you ? God created all men equal.... All Men !!!! God also knew there was going to be descrimination, Why do you think it was written in the Bible that way ? He wanted us to use common sense. Are we going to let a Book be the Sovern of our lives or Let God's spirit point our hearts to what Gods true word ? The Bible was written with human hands, Humans aren't always reliable. I'd let my heart and soul and spirit listen to what the real message God wants us to learn. I'm going to Bed. Goodnight and pray for the Troops and a better president !!!!!!!

Old 06-12-2007, 12:00 AM

Default Gods word or Mans word ?

How much of the Bible is really God's word or a dicyple of his son's that took it upon him or herself to write their opinion of Gods word Homosexualty, and the womans place in a marriage are very, very judgemental and errogant. God isn't errogant and would not have it in his word to be prejudace against his creations. I believe it was a decyple that wrote it in the bible. God told him to do it, because he wanted us to see whats close minded and errogant If it said in the bible for us to jump off a cliff, would you do it ? I would hope not !!!!!! God makes us accountable for our thoughts, behaviors, and beliefs. And this my Born again friends is where he is testing us. The will to see what is right and what is wrong, and alot of you are not seeing this. God gave us common sense and a brain to figure what is write and wrong.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:32 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,009,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
How much of the Bible is really God's word or a dicyple of his son's that took it upon him or herself to write their opinion of Gods word Homosexualty, and the womans place in a marriage are very, very judgemental and errogant. God isn't errogant and would not have it in his word to be prejudace against his creations. I believe it was a decyple that wrote it in the bible. God told him to do it, because he wanted us to see whats close minded and errogant If it said in the bible for us to jump off a cliff, would you do it ? I would hope not !!!!!! God makes us accountable for our thoughts, behaviors, and beliefs. And this my Born again friends is where he is testing us. The will to see what is right and what is wrong, and alot of you are not seeing this. God gave us common sense and a brain to figure what is write and wrong.
Hmmmm, well...do you remember Isaac and his son Jacob? Do you recall when God wanted Isaac to offer Jacob as a sacrifice? Isaac obeyed and had faith in God! So I think it would be safe to say that Isaac would have probably jumped if God asked...why should we be any different? It's about obedience, it's about what God says...not what YOU or any other human says.

If I could pick ONE...just ONE verse out of the Bible this would be the one I would have to say that I ULTIMATELY try to live by!

Psalm 118:8
It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

Did you know that that verse is the CENTER of the Bible?

Just a thought
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality