Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 04:12 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,487,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
I agree with this poster and you cannot call me "sexist" (esselcue), because I AM a woman !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I will not listen to any woman preacher or attend any church that ordains women.
In the creation there was a created order, male then female. In the Garden of Eden whom reconized there was no suitable helper? But who ate the forbidden fruit first? Who did all the talking to the serpent, then gave some to Adam to eat it?

Yet whom did God confront first?

God confronted man first, not the woman, not the serpent. Adam blamed Eve, who blamed the serpent...who started the whole mess. Gods punishment was in reverse order, serpent, woman, man. It started with man, it ended with man.

How would you like this on your shoulders:
Genesis 3:17, 19 To Adam he[God] said, "Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree about which I commanded you, 'You must not eat of it,'.... By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return."

The curse of death came about from one mans sin, even so salvation comes through one man, the man Christ Jesus. Calling that "sexist" "narrow-minded" and "tunnel-visioned" doesn't change the fact that God did the created order of things, each to their responsibility.

Who cares? God does. But then growing apathy toward Gods Word was prophecied as a sign of the end of the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 04:32 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,017,257 times
What does ANY of that have to do with women not being fit to preach the gospel? That's what I consider sexist, narrow-minded and tunnel-visioned. I know what Genesis says...but since I am an evolutionist I don't care. I don't even care who or what preaches the gospel. My point is that when people have such bigoted ideas as believing women (or children) are of lesser value than men, it leads to a world of inequality and a huge lack of understanding & compassion. The initial post about "Not listening to any woman preacher or attending any chruch that ordains women" was no different than saying "I will not eat in any restauarnt that has a black cook".

Old 07-01-2008, 04:58 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,547,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
First of all, the remark I was referring to was made by Bideshi, not you, so take a breath...secondly I am a woman, a mom, a grandmom, and a law enforcement officer, and unlike you, I have respect for everyone and their beliefs.
Thanks, but I do not need to "take a breath" , I was merely pointing out that I agreed with the poster that you called "sexist" .

I am a 75 and 1/2 year old mom, a grandmom and not a law enforcement officer ( but do not consider that goes against me). As for the rest of that statement , it is pretty insulting ! I believe that everyone has a right to their own religious beliefs, and I also believe they can suffer the consequences, just as those who break man's laws should ! It is strange that you are upholding man's laws, and despising God's ! If every man held the same attitude towards man's laws as you have towards Gods, you would really have your hands full !
Do you and your fellow officers attempt to teach people to obey man's laws ? Does that mean you have no respect for their beliefs ?

Old 07-01-2008, 04:59 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,619,641 times
Bideshi wrote:
Quote:
I will not listen to any woman preacher or attend any church that ordains women.
Oh, that's an enlightened point of view! You must be a Harvard man. Would you listen a woman crossing guard if she told you that you were walking into the path of an oncoming bus?

Old 07-01-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Bideshi wrote:

Oh, that's an enlightened point of view! You must be a Harvard man. Would you listen a woman crossing guard if she told you that you were walking into the path of an oncoming bus?
The crossing guard is not in service to God. She is serving our government, and our government has no such restrictions.

Old 07-01-2008, 05:07 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,619,641 times
Marioninark wrote:
Quote:
The crossing guard is not in service to God. She is serving our government, and our government has no such restrictions.
I couldn't help myself Marion, I just can't let a statement like that go by without a smart remark.

Old 07-01-2008, 05:10 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
makes no difference. the goal is the same, different methods are used.
happy 4th july, stay safe

Old 07-01-2008, 05:10 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,017,257 times
I respect your beliefs completely. You have every right to your beliefs and so do I. I believe that saying and thinking that women are of less value than men is sexist, narrow-minded and tunnel-visioned. And your comments about me, who you do not know, are proof. I never said I was a police officer, I said I work in law enforcement...I have been a counselor of inmates in a jail for many years and have dealt with every religion and belief, including Odinism and Satanism. My mind is open to the fact that people are all different and we are all part of the same universe, but in no sense of the word does that make men any wiser or more advanced than women. It's what is inside of us that matters, not what religion or dogma we believe or preach.

Old 07-01-2008, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
I respect your beliefs completely. You have every right to your beliefs and so do I. I believe that saying and thinking that women are of less value than men is sexist, narrow-minded and tunnel-visioned. And your comments about me, who you do not know, are proof. I never said I was a police officer, I said I work in law enforcement...I have been a counselor of inmates in a jail for many years and have dealt with every religion and belief, including Odinism and Satanism. My mind is open to the fact that people are all different and we are all part of the same universe, but in no sense of the word does that make men any wiser or more advanced than women. It's what is inside of us that matters, not what religion or dogma we believe or preach.

Tell it to God. I did not create the world, nor did I make the spiritual laws.

Old 07-01-2008, 05:29 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,228,825 times
Originally Posted by Marianinark
Quote:
Tell it to God. I did not create the world, nor did I make the spiritual laws.
Now that is the mother of all cop-outs.
It sure resembles: Don't blame me blame God, caus I didn't make the rules
or
I'm just followin' orders ( the same excuse most Nazis used in WWII).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality