Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 06:30 AM

9 posts, read 53,925 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the thought... I am not younger, thanks for thinking I was, but that doesn't mean I don't like to do the younger things, I just cant do them as often and as late as I use to We are just use to more urban areas....as have lived in Denver/Boulder, Seattle, Chicago, LA and San Diego. Though where we lived in Oregon isn't the mecca for urban it still was close enough to Portland to take advantage of its offerings and on was directly on the I-5 corridor. Where we live now in Central Florida isn't too urban either but then theres a lot of touristy things Kennedy Space Center, Cocoa Beach, cruise ships, etc to do here and the towns kinda all meld together, but it isnt all that either... Orlando the theme park Capital of the US is only 35 minutes away from my house.... Florida is pretty rural as well and offers that old southern/east coast attitude... I personally like the western/west coast attitude better... People are different out west more and since I am mid-westerner by birth westerner by adulthood I can feel it more than the those who are native Floridians and other southerners who move here. I have a hard time explaining the difference to people and unless you are from the west you really cant explain it. I know those transplants that I have run into that come from out west knows exactly what I mean. I guess its the pioneering spirit that one grows up with...
When I think of Nevada one thinks of wild frontier old west towns... and of course "sin city", though what I have been reading about the brothels makes me think that its "sin state" though that may not be true. When I think of Reno/Carson area I think of the Ponderosa and Virginia City... will I run into the Cartwrights? LOL Anyhow, I am coming there to work for the State... and really that is all.... We may not truly settle in the Reno/Carson City area but one never knows... but still want to live in a area that we can feel comfortable.... thats why if anyone can give me any pointers on areas I would really appreciate it. We would rather like to stay closer to the Reno area.... I am sure that it will all work out... One thing I don't relish is the idea that I may have to use chains... but thats all a part of the adventure just have to get my snow legs back...

Hi back to the fellow former San Diegan though not a native it felt more like home than any other place Ive lived.... boy I miss that place we should have never left!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area