Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 01:58 PM

25 posts, read 32,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by utsci View Post
If interested in Minden you may want to check into GE or Starbucks as they have large-ish facilities there. Starbucks has a production/roasting facility and I know there is some sort of electrical engineering facility with GE. They both seem to pay well and have good, really good, benefits.
Thanks....I've applied to the Starbucks Roasting facility in Minden when I started my search back in August. Their career portal will send me jobs that match my path. I even found out the name and direct email of an in-house recruiter at the Minden facility and touch bases with him every now and then to make him aware of my intentions.

As far as GE (Bently) goes, I haven't seen anything other than engineers and HR positions. Plus, they seem to only want highly degreed (BS, MS) applicants, which I don't quite qualify for.......#notgivingup
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2015, 07:05 PM

44 posts, read 78,680 times
Stay away from Starbucks they have a very high turn over rate there, my friend worked there for a couple years and hated it, they treat you like a number. GE is great have several friends that work there the only way to get in with them is on the factory floor through adecco staffing.

Old 10-29-2015, 02:21 PM

25 posts, read 32,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoemist98 View Post
Stay away from Starbucks they have a very high turn over rate there, my friend worked there for a couple years and hated it, they treat you like a number. GE is great have several friends that work there the only way to get in with them is on the factory floor through adecco staffing.
Thanks for the advice. I think you're right about Starbucks. When I came to Minden a few weeks ago to interview for ROP, I shot a nice email to the Starbucks recruiter asking if I can stop by while in town for an intro and to put a face to my resume. He was not accommodating and said no one is permitted on the premises unless they have an actual interview. He wasn't even interested in meeting me. Oh well, I tried.....

I will certainly explore Adecco and see if they can assist. Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area