Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 03:32 PM

102 posts, read 189,795 times

Advertisements

Panasonic is pushing heavily - advertising nationwide for all these jobs. I guess it has something to do with the freeloading Tesla factory east of Reno. Which has avoided billions in taxes when this state is falling down the drain. Companies are all coming here to take advantage. I still don't know what a hipster is but if it's the young elite crowd - well I guess they are the ones that can afford the rent. I know several people in high tech jobs that can barely afford to live here. And moving up in these companies is very very tough. It's all political and not based on work performance, or skills. We have a lot less protections and laws here and companies know that and will and do exploit workers. Now that it was announced that 14 counties are losing all health insurance options and Heller is going to screw us on Medicaid - a lot of retirees and families are going to wonder why they are here. So if the hipsters take over - good luck. You inherit a massive mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 08:56 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,448,818 times
You seem to have some keen insight so maybe you can answer a few questions:
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchthinking View Post
Panasonic is pushing heavily - advertising nationwide for all these jobs. I guess it has something to do with the freeloading Tesla factory east of Reno. Which has avoided billions in taxes when this state is falling down the drain.
How many billions in taxes has Tesla avoided? 2 billion? 5 billion? 10 billion? How has Tesla avoided paying their taxes? Do they just refuse to pay?
Quote:
Companies are all coming here to take advantage. I still don't know what a hipster is but if it's the young elite crowd - well I guess they are the ones that can afford the rent. I know several people in high tech jobs that can barely afford to live here.
What kind of high tech jobs do these people have that can barely afford to live in Reno? Electrical Engineers? Software Engineers? Cable TV installers?
Quote:
And moving up in these companies is very very tough. It's all political and not based on work performance, or skills.
Has this been your experience working at a high tech company?
Quote:
We have a lot less protections and laws here and companies know that and will and do exploit workers.
What protections and laws does Nevada lack that allows them to exploit workers?

Old 06-30-2017, 09:09 PM

340 posts, read 664,972 times
Quote:
Panasonic is pushing heavily - advertising nationwide for all these jobs. I guess it has something to do with the freeloading Tesla factory east of Reno. Which has avoided billions in taxes when this state is falling down the drain. Companies are all coming here to take advantage. I still don't know what a hipster is but if it's the young elite crowd - well I guess they are the ones that can afford the rent. I know several people in high tech jobs that can barely afford to live here. And moving up in these companies is very very tough. It's all political and not based on work performance, or skills. We have a lot less protections and laws here and companies know that and will and do exploit workers. Now that it was announced that 14 counties are losing all health insurance options and Heller is going to screw us on Medicaid - a lot of retirees and families are going to wonder why they are here. So if the hipsters take over - good luck. You inherit a massive mess.
Freeloading Tesla? State falling down the drain? Sorry, but Nevada's financial health is doing fine according to a 2016 George Mason U. study.

Exploit workers? Tech people moving here that can't afford it? It's all political and not based on skills or work performance? Funny that it seems smart people in tech are willing to move here in that case.

Fourteen counties losing health insurance options? Guess what -- that's Obamacare working for you.

You mentioned in other posts that you'd like to move away -- well I hope that you find your heaven on earth and escape the dreary conditions you describe. You might consider Detroit, Chicago, or even Venezuela.

Old 07-01-2017, 12:53 AM

3,433 posts, read 3,754,691 times
Quote:
Your name is appropriate...

Old 07-04-2017, 11:44 PM

335 posts, read 517,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotfeet View Post
Freeloading Tesla?
Tesla only exists due to government subsidies:

It's Confirmed: Without Government Subsidies, Tesla Sales Implode

Wakeup and smell the truth, it will set you free

Old 07-04-2017, 11:47 PM

Quote:
These sheeple are suffering from FAKE news overload, you should really move on & out of future black holes like Reno.

In 5-10 years that place will be unlivable unless your in a secure, walled community.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:31 AM

2,413 posts, read 2,031,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biz901 View Post
Tesla only exists due to government subsidies:
$7500 per car.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:39 AM

2,611 posts, read 2,883,377 times
Quote:
These sheeple are suffering from FAKE news overload, you should really move on & out of future black holes like Reno.

In 5-10 years that place will be unlivable unless your in a secure, walled community.

Since you already rule out Reno, why keep posting here?

Reno is much better now compared to 10-20 years ago.

If you don't like progressive thinking and believe everything is fake news, then move to your secret conservative enclave you keep bragging about. Godspeed!

Old 07-05-2017, 10:39 AM

3,433 posts, read 3,754,691 times
Quote:

So far all you've done is complain about Reno and offered no constructive comments. We'd like to hear your list of towns you feel are better.

It is amusing how you defend Victorville.

Old 07-05-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
Since you already rule out Reno, why keep posting here?

Reno is much better now compared to 10-20 years ago.

If you don't like progressive thinking and believe everything is fake news, then move to your secret conservative enclave you keep bragging about. Godspeed!
I worked in a NYC press room for over 20 years, and if you think 99% of broadcast & print "news" isn't fake, have fun with being programmed by the like of the Associated Proglodyte (AP) Newswire, Communist News Network (CNN) and their ilk...

Oh, and people keep responding to my posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
So far all you've done is complain about Reno and offered no constructive comments. We'd like to hear your list of towns you feel are better.

It is amusing how you defend Victorville.
Never defended the Victor Valley, was just a short term location for us.

At least it's not full of homeless tweakers, strippers and other corrupt situations.

Last edited by Biz901; 07-05-2017 at 01:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area