Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 12:43 AM

82 posts, read 272,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgreen1877 View Post
close minded residents
Thats a con? In the context I'm thinking, I find it does a fine job of keeping the CA liberal trash to a minimum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 09:34 AM

514 posts, read 686,964 times
Quote:
close minded residents
Thats a con? In the context I'm thinking, I find it does a fine job of keeping the CA liberal trash to a minimum.
Yep, the CA liberal trash live in Wingfield, Redhawk, Caughlin Ranch, because they have more money, because they have more education and worked really hard to make that money. Danged CA liberal trash, always going around making towns better places to live.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highnlite View Post
Yep, the CA liberal trash live in Wingfield, Redhawk, Caughlin Ranch, because they have more money, because they have more education and worked really hard to make that money. Danged CA liberal trash, always going around making towns better places to live.
Something tells me those guys aren't really what I had in mind. They're probably closer to socially moderate fiscally conservative anyway.

Go live in SF and then talk to me about how great the Liberal ideology is.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:57 PM

36 posts, read 79,996 times
I noticed Spanish area homes have bigger lots than most areas in Reno-Sparks. This would come handy if you have or are thinking of having RV's / motor homes.

Yes, it is 30-45 minutes from Downtown Reno if it's rush hour. But Sparks has their own "Downtown" with Costco, Walmart, Best Buy, Legends Shopping Center and the closest commercial area which will be near Pyramid and Mccarran.

Spanish springs is a very nice place for retirees in my opinion. It's quiet yet has everything you need in 15 minutes or less.

CONS: Going to the freeway (80 West/East) can be a pain. Only one main road: Pyramid.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:09 PM

450 posts, read 1,503,704 times
Thank You Joe for staying in subject We really like the Spanish Springs area. Now we need to sell our house here in Tennessee and Get-er-Done...

As a matter a fact we own a Motor Home and hope to find a place that will have a place for the MH to park. Is there any Condo's that have a area set aside for RV's?

Old 08-05-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Something tells me those guys aren't really what I had in mind. They're probably closer to socially moderate fiscally conservative anyway.

Go live in SF and then talk to me about how great the Liberal ideology is.
It is a mistake of monumental proportions to think that San Francisco represents liberals.

It is important for you to remember, liberal comes from latin, liber, free. Liberals are free, they are free of blind prejudices, fears without merit, and other handicaps to being fully human.

I am most happy to tell you what the true Liberal Ideology is, Freedom.

As for Spanish Springs, there are a number of areas, some are the standard Centex homes crammed on to lots and look like every other subdivision home between here and Bangor Maine. And then there are some great places up dirt lanes with room for horses and dirtbikes to keep the kids out of trouble.

Myself, I would go out a bit further to Palomino Valley

Old 08-05-2010, 01:16 PM

I am staying open as to where we land Palomino Valley is not out of the question and neither is Boarder Town, or south of I-80..

Old 08-05-2010, 01:20 PM

The biggest problem with Spanish Springs, Palomino Valley is, if you have to commute to a job in town, Pyramid Highway really sucks. They built all those homes out there with no decent way to get through Sparks.

South of town, Pleasant Valley is very nice and will be even better when 395 is finished. If you are going to live in Washoe Valley, live west of the freeway, if you live on the east side you can fly a barn door as a kite most days.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:27 PM

We are both retired so commuting is not a problem.. I will keep the suggestions you made in mind.. Thanks..

Old 08-05-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highnlite View Post
It is a mistake of monumental proportions to think that San Francisco represents liberals.

It is important for you to remember, liberal comes from latin, liber, free. Liberals are free, they are free of blind prejudices, fears without merit, and other handicaps to being fully human.

I am most happy to tell you what the true Liberal Ideology is, Freedom.
Sure, by definition, not in current day practice.

If that were the case Republicans would be a fiscally conservative bunch...and we know that isn't exactly the current day truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area