Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2010, 06:36 AM

1,263 posts, read 2,331,828 times

Advertisements

I have a building of ten small apartments. There is no infestation but a hugh roach is popping up fairly frequently. In nine years I have never gotten any complaints but there seems to be an uptick lately. Two tenants have complained, and one is phobic about it. Threatening to move out if something is not done "immediately". I've seen a few in the basement recently. The two apartments with the problem are the two on the ground floor (right above the basement).
Is an exterminator a one time thing or does he have to come on a regular basis?
How much does it cost?
Maybe he can just deal with these two apartments and the basement?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 08:32 AM

1,465 posts, read 5,147,704 times
I am pretty sure that even if you called a local exterminator, he will not quote a price until they come to inspect the building. But, they will come and give a free estimate. I would call a few and ask each what kind of service they provide.

Personally I have not had to deal with that issue but if it were to come up, it would be my top priority. Once it was dealt with, I would consider regular service. I have no idea what that would cost but I would guess $50-$100 per month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting