Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 04:11 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,481,404 times

Advertisements

In my opinion, the neighbor is letting their children be a bit of a nuisance, but that doesn't break any laws. Peaceful enjoyment doesn't mean that it will necessarily be quiet during the day. What if the city decided to do road construction on the road out front, and you had to listen to jackhammers and trucks all day every day for months? As long as they don't come into your apartment physically, you are still getting peaceful enjoyment, even with the noise. Peaceful enjoyment does not mean quiet time, except during whatever nighttime hours your city has designated quiet time.

Honestly, I think you are being just as much of a nuisance, and I suspect that the landlord is just basically saying "yeah, whatever" to anything you say to get you to go away, and doesn't intend to follow through on anything. Their "permission" they gave you to take photos and audio recordings of your neighbors doesn't mean a thing. That's about as legally binding as me giving you permission to sell meth. No one can give you permission to break the law. Unless the neighbor tells you that you can photograph and record her grandkids, then whatever the landlord told you about it is irrelevant. Now, I'm not saying whether it is legal or illegal (although I'm guessing it is illegal to photograph children without the parents permission, and kids playing probably counts as recording a "conversation") to take those photos or record them, but it is creepy and suspicious. I suggest you stop acting creepy and suspicious.

If you have called the Section 8 people and told them your concerns, and you have called the landlord and told them your concerns, then if there is a violation, they will deal with it. By continuing to pursue it, all you are doing is making yourself a nuisance, and they may decide enough is enough, and you may find yourself with a non-renewal notice the next time your lease is up.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:12 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,395,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Help2 View Post
the bunny, I did not want to argue with you OK, but now I will.

1) you put words in my mouth, you talks law with me, you need proof. You say I call those kids ILLEGAL, by law please quote anywhere in all of my post I write "those kids are illegal", find my post and quote me now.
What I write is the grandma maybe get pay under the table. I did not slander her, I say please check into where those kids come from, and I suspect she get pay for babysitting. By law, is my right on 1st amendment speech.

Please note, I copied 2 of your posts to deal with this issue...

2) you say I video those kids ------- your writing post, NO WHERE in my post I write I video. What I write is I take a picture with my cell phone through my window. You put words in my mouth, you yourself don't follow the law, where in my post I say I video those kids? Can you show my text as proof?
My friend who have taking picture of threspassing kids to her home and damage her yard as proof before, she did not break any law.

Actually, could be seen as stalking. Enjoy that one.

3) you say I sound recording those kids are illegal and give me the california law. So in your face, according to california law, I cannot record any private phone conversation or conversation of anyone. So by this law, I did not break it because I record from sitting in my house, and those screaming voice are loud enough to get through my wall and to my recorder. Even if you play it to the police, all they hear is screaming voice (no talking, no conversation)

CA is a 2 party recording state when all in play are adults. The child can not give consent to recording.

4) I say I call the police because the grandma did not supervise the kids while in her house doing her things. No where I type in report illegal kid, again please quote me.

Already did. Please refer to the posts above this.

5) I say the same thing as I say here to the authorities, they say this is not about whether she babysitting or her daytime guest. This is about "nuisance" complaint . Especially when there are 2 playgrounds and a basketball court in the housing, the grandkids can play there.

6) let me stay right in front of your window playing with rocks, and running around your stair OK the bunny, and let see how you feel. and about the lease, I did not say, the authorities say in the lease they suppose to not being disruptive to other tanant around whether it daytime or not.

the bunny, please next time quote me for words I did say, don't put words in my mouth or make up words I never type in the replies, all proof is here in what I write in all my previous post.
Yes, the proof is MOST certainly in the posts you already put. I quoted them, and the posts in which you said "illegal"

Old 06-22-2012, 04:30 PM

17 posts, read 102,270 times
thebunny, I say those kids are "guest" and not legal resident there,
and that automatically make me say they are "illegal kids"
ok, bring it to court and see if I violate any law.
And the bunny, I record the sound sitting in my house, I did not go outside to record those kids. By the law, recording anything inside your house is LEGAL, if those kids voice are loud enough to get into my recording tape, then too bad for them.
By law, if I can hear noise from my house, I can legally record it from inside my home.
If you think this is illegal, next time if neighbor banging their music at 2am in the morning, I wil call the cops, and I will ask the cops this myself.

Giving example, you accuse me of having no job and video tape those kid, when in my post I never write I video tape them, I can sue you for saying things I never say.
And taking photos of thresspassing kids to your private property is illegal? haha! call the police and see what the police say, last time my friend show the pictures to the police as proof, and police did not arrest her.

Larcera, you wrong. I live in big housing complex, where the landlord hire a manager to watch over our complex. When I file a complaint through the higher authority. The manager have 10 days to investigate the situation and answer to the housing authority. So you saying they will just ignore my complaint, you wrong. Even the authority tell me, that if the manager don't do anything, report to them, and when they told them manager to investigate it, the manager WILL have no choice but investigate it and report back to them.

Larcena, you right, they have the rights to play. But getting to 1 feet within your window and screaming and running up an down your stair, I can complaint that. They have 2 playground and a basketball court to play.
Oh, and next time let me go to your house, stay in front of your window and stair and screaming and running around all day OK, let see if you can take it.

Last edited by Help2; 06-22-2012 at 04:46 PM..

Old 06-22-2012, 04:46 PM

1,132 posts, read 1,247,012 times
I worked for almost 10 years as an apartment manager and there is no way I (or any other competent manager) would allow 3 young children who are NOT residents run through hallways and stairwells screaming and disturbing tenants or play anywhere unsupervised on the property, if it were happening on a daily basis and especially if a tenant already complained about it. Most leases allow the manager to tell a tenant that specific guests are no longer allowed on the property if they are bothering other tenants or otherwise breaking rules. I would give this grandmother one last warning and then tell her these kids are no longer welcome.
Section 8 rules and local ordinances are irrelevant here, what matters is the legal contract (lease) signed by the tenant. In my experience people don't complain about occaisonal noise or a kid running or screaming for a few minutes etc. What is being described here is EVERY day starting early in the morning and going on for hours. No one should have to put up with that. Comparing it to road construction is a bad analogy. The road work is necessary and can not be done in a different location.
The problem is not just noise, it is also the safety of unsupervised small children and the damage they can and most likely will do to the property.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:53 PM

17 posts, read 102,270 times
Yes, and they are use the housing property free water, free gas, running stairs, picking up rocks throwing, what happened if one day throw to my window? they are one foot away from my window outside, and if anyone still think those kids are right, then let me stay ONE FOOT in font of your window then, how do you feel? oh and the truck work, the truck are not 1 foot outside of my window, that is enough for me to complain if any children come near my window withini 12 inches, even if that is housing property.
and what they doing outside my window, because I have a tree outside my window, they there digging up dirt, and ROCKS, and throw around, and run around. seriously, if anyone thinks that is OK for every morning for children to do that near your window?

and who say manager will ignore my complaint? property manager are hire from the landlord to watch over the complex. When the higher management send them a complaint, they expect investigate and send them an answer within (# of days) and they even say they will call me back, and let me know. So how can you say the manager ignore my complaint? yes, she can ignore if that was just me going down her office and tell. But if this file through the management, then the manager will HAVE TO act on it, she have no choice, this is her job, that is what they hire for.

And reason that I have 2 playground, a basketball court, and the grandma also have her side of the stair. If this go to court, these reasons are good enough for the judge to ask them WHY ARE THEY NOT RUNNING on their stair, but go to my stair when they themself have a stair too.

Eversince she babysit for many months, I say nothing, until those kids get closer and closer to my window. I also did not even file a complaint yet. All I did is call the section 8 housing authorities and explain my situation to them, and they told me file a complaint now if I want. But I tell them I already tell the on site manager, and wait see if those kids stop or not. If they continue, then I have no choice but call back the authority and official file a complaint.

oh and property manager have no rights to kick me out of the housing, the only person can do that is the landlord, and if I refuse to move out, this go to court. and I will tell the court the situation, and we see who rights.

Last edited by Help2; 06-22-2012 at 05:11 PM..

Old 06-22-2012, 05:48 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
Closed Pending review...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting