Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2021, 06:09 PM

225 posts, read 178,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
And this is the point!

You’ll never recoup your expenses from the damages some sec 8ers can cause., not worth it. Once on Dec 8, always on Sec 8.., it’s not a helping hand anymore, it’s a lifestyle
Total hyperbole and a sweeping generalization in "lifestyle"....read what you alleged again...it smacks of a dangerous conclusion about Section 8 recipients/applicants....watch out, your sheet is showing. I don't endorse the program in toto, but the recipients/participants DID NOT design the program, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2021, 06:34 PM

2,666 posts, read 1,185,188 times
The risk doesn't end when they move out. They can come back to haunt you with whatever BS they make up.

Old 12-17-2021, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyperTyper View Post
Total hyperbole and a sweeping generalization in "lifestyle"....read what you alleged again...it smacks of a dangerous conclusion about Section 8 recipients/applicants....watch out, your sheet is showing. I don't endorse the program in toto, but the recipients/participants DID NOT design the program, right?
You are wrong. So many recipients of section 8 stay on it even into their senior years. To many it becomes a way of life they get use to.

Old 12-17-2021, 06:46 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyperTyper View Post

It’s not a sweeping generalization.. it’s a fact. Once people are on section 8, they don’t get off. If some do, it’s a very, very small percent.

My ‘sheet’ is showing? Not sure what you’re implying by saying this so I suggest you be careful with your own allegations.

Old 12-17-2021, 06:49 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
You are wrong. So many recipients of section 8 stay on it even into their senior years. To many it becomes a way of life they get use to.
Absolutely and they pass their vouchers down from one generation to another.

Old 12-17-2021, 07:29 PM

225 posts, read 178,580 times
Look, the recipients DID NOT DESIGN, LEGISLATE AND PASS the program, right??

geezus, I don't even like the program as DESIGNED, but goddamit, the recipients and beneficiaries are NOT to "blame" for using the legislation AS WRITTEN.

Don't like the program (and I don't), change the godddamn rules and requisites and guidelines !!!!!!!! how tough is that to understand?? lol

Blaming the applicants who QUALIFY under the REGS are not stupid.....the designers of the legislation are STOOOPID.

The registrants are "stupid enough" to understand and use the system set forth.

Geezus... that's not hard to understand where the locus of responsibility is...

Unbeliveable

Old 12-17-2021, 07:32 PM

13,740 posts, read 7,999,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
People who AREN'T on Section 8 do those same things. Some of the biggest crooks and criminals in America are very well off financially.

Your point??
True. Nevertheless I still won't accept Section 8.

Old 12-17-2021, 07:35 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kim in fl View Post
it’s not a sweeping generalization.. It’s a fact. Once people are on section 8, they don’t get off. If some do, it’s a very, very small percent.

My ‘sheet’ is showing? Not sure what you’re implying by saying this so i suggest you be careful with your own allegations.
+1.

Old 12-17-2021, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Absolutely and they pass their vouchers down from one generation to another.
Yes they do. I know this for a fact. Not saying every single one does but a large majority do.

Last edited by staystill; 12-17-2021 at 09:26 PM.. Reason: It's planned and thought out too.

Old 12-17-2021, 09:42 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,672,505 times
If you are willing to put in the work it can work...

Doing this for 35 years there is no denying the program does not run on auto pilot.

That said more owners were willing to take a chance in general before it became so much more involved and costly to move a problem tenant out... both assisted and not.

The very rules developed to protect tenants often hurt the ones it is supposed to help...

Plenty of small providers have left the business because it has changed so much.

My one page rental agreement with second page inventory and condition is now 28 pages just to include all the mandated information.

The market that is hurt the most here is single family and duplexes... just about all go owner occupied upon sale...

Going back to the Section 8 program where Housing guaranteed the security deposit would help a lot...

Hint... Housing got out of security deposits because it was too much trouble... which says a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting