Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 01:37 PM

68 posts, read 31,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
That is exactly what it is... everyday you dick around trying to find answers from strangers, your bill is going up. It’s simple. You failed to give notice and now your paying for it.

Didn’t you read your lease?? You posted it, but did you read it???
No I did not read it until yesterday.

So, you and most everyone is saying, go in a give a written notice even though it's 9 days late and this will be the total due.

Right?

I'm going in at 1 pm TODAY.

Robert
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2019, 01:54 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,616,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberteyewhy View Post
I have posted on this forum about 7 months ago on a forced relocation. I moved to a crappy unit and had a 9 months lease. They paid for the move ($190). That lease will end on Sept. 30, 2019. I went in and payed for this month like I have done for the last 10yrs. Never been late. I thought that would be the end of it. Nope!

They now want to charge me $500 to move. What? Is this legal?

Thanks,
Robert
Did you give notice that you were moving/ending the lease and moving or did you walk in paid the rent then said I’m leaving tomorrow?

Old 09-09-2019, 01:55 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,063,383 times
Quote:
No I did not read it until yesterday.

So, you and most everyone is saying, go in a give a written notice even though it's 9 days late and this will be the total due.

Right?

I'm going in at 1 pm TODAY.

Robert
You signed a lease without reading it? Why in the world would you sign a legal, binding contract and NOT read it?? Never, ever do that again.

You HAVE to give notice.. either you’re renewing or vacating....the landlord uses this notice to a) draw up your new lease or b) advertise your unit and arrange for cleaning/updating.

Only your lease and landlord can tell you the total amount due.

Old 09-09-2019, 02:04 PM

32,680 posts, read 48,196,960 times
You moved from one apartment to another about seven months ago. I'm guessing that you owe them deposit money. Your deposit doesn't transfer 100%. You get the deductions taken out and then you must top it off.

If you want to move at the end of September, you were required to give a written notice that you were moving. You must pay 30 days of rent from the date of the notice. if you haven't given notice, you are paying for more days of rent as you go along.

Last edited by oregonwoodsmoke; 09-09-2019 at 02:14 PM..

Old 09-09-2019, 02:18 PM

32,680 posts, read 48,196,960 times
Quote:
........Who reads the entire lease word by word when they are presented with it at the time of signing? ..........

Who reads the entire lease? Everyone with even a drop of common sense. it's a legal contract that you are binding yourself to.

Each and every one of my tenants reads the entire lease before signing it. If there are two adults, they both read the entire lease. They make sure they understand what the terms are and they ask questions.

I will not permit a tenant to sign the lease without reading it.

If I am signing a contract, no matter what it is for, I read the entire contract and make sure I understand it before I sign it. It doesn't matter what sort of contract.

Old 09-09-2019, 02:32 PM

You folks are ALL correct. It was because of the 30 day notice.

Yeah, stupid me for not reading the entire lease. Never again!

Just came back from talking to the manager. I signed a 30 day notice on 9/5.

So, to encapsulate:

-have until 10/5 to vacate premise and return keys
-portal was incorrect
-10/1-10/5 $183
-month to month $100
-insurance $10
-utilities $21

Total I owe by 10/3 is $314. The section these charges apply too is in Section 5 Part A. Post #27

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me"

Thanks all of you for your input. I will go through the thread and rate posters.

Hope it helps someone,
Robert

Last edited by Roberteyewhy; 09-09-2019 at 03:01 PM..

Old 09-09-2019, 02:45 PM

21,979 posts, read 9,562,060 times
Quote:
Because if it is for moving out charges, I need to know where it is on the Lease Agreement. Or, what is the $500 for. I do not want to go in and talk to her, no one does.

Maybe I should, because I KNOW that she will not rescind the $500.

Robert
Again, why not call the leasing office and ask THEM where it is in the lease?

Old 09-09-2019, 02:46 PM

21,979 posts, read 9,562,060 times
NM. Didn't see your update.

Old 09-09-2019, 02:53 PM

Finished rating positively all posters. Some posters site will not let me leave a positive rating.

All done.

Thanks again.

CU,
Robert

Old 09-09-2019, 03:09 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,616,728 times
Quote:
Skipto, she already told me that it is in the lease that I signed. So, even if I find that specific clause, what difference would that make? I'm still in the same position and owe $500.

Who reads the entire lease word by word when they are presented with it at the time of signing? That's what they are counting on.

Robert

Wtf...dude YOU are supposed to read and understand what you are signing? When you buy a car do you just sign and walk away?

When I sign a lease with a tenant we go through the whole lease. All 11 pages. The reason I do this is because people like you used to get lease violations and would come to me with a attitude. So now I make sure they READ the leas and initials on every page and the signature. This way they can’t come back and say stupid **** like I’m screwing them or they didn’t see that on the lease...it’s there....you initialed and signed it.

Before I signed my last loan papers on my newest house purchase I went though pretty much every page. That was after I paid my lawyer to make sure they didn’t try to play games. I dont trust anybody when it comes to documents
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting