Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 12:50 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,484,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. If I receive an application from someone who has not behaved well in the past, I do not have a crystal ball to see what they will do in the future, so, yes, the only thing I have to judge them on is their past behavior.

Nobody gets to wake up every morning with a clean slate. Your past behavior is on record and it will follow you through life. Nobody "deserves" a second chance. Maybe you will be lucky and someone will give you a second chance, but that second chance is not owed to you, nor do you have a right to it.

As for bankruptcies, I go by what is on the credit report. I just rented to someone who just discharged a bankruptcy and there is not one late payment nor even one judgement on her credit report. She lost a high paying job and the real estate market crashed in her formally high priced area. She dealt with it correctly and immediately.

Most of the tenants who apply and have bankruptcies have a long history of not paying anyone. Many of them already have late payments and collections after the bankruptcy. So, no, I am not going to cross my fingers and hope they will pay me.
Amen.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:27 PM

3 posts, read 4,829 times
I have a family member that went to prison in 1980 and spent 25 years there for a crime he did not do. Now he gets out and no one will rent because of his record. Giving him NO chance. I think all you owners who rent out units and turn your backs on someone that is ONLY trying to make it (including those filed bankruptcy) are judgmental and not worthy of having anyone live in your units! Who are YOU to judge another's life? Do you know what caused the bankruptcy or the turmoil that person went through or the reason behind a person going to prison? You want to sit and act like you are all perfect and screw anyone else that has made a mistake...... SHAME ON ALL OF YOU!!!!!

Old 07-23-2013, 03:03 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,279,249 times
I went to Hagerstown MD. Looking for a place to rent. This beautiful nice looking apt complex turn me down. ... because I Didn't have a criminal record. Advise you to keep looking. If he didn't do it why was he in prision so long.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:26 PM

1,263 posts, read 3,280,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trixcillia View Post
I have a family member that went to prison in 1980 and spent 25 years there for a crime he did not do. Now he gets out and no one will rent because of his record. Giving him NO chance. I think all you owners who rent out units and turn your backs on someone that is ONLY trying to make it (including those filed bankruptcy) are judgmental and not worthy of having anyone live in your units! Who are YOU to judge another's life? Do you know what caused the bankruptcy or the turmoil that person went through or the reason behind a person going to prison? You want to sit and act like you are all perfect and screw anyone else that has made a mistake...... SHAME ON ALL OF YOU!!!!!
Why don't YOU buy a house and rent it out to felons and recent bankruptcy cases if that's how you feel? Put your money where your mouth is.

Also, why haven't you volunteered to let your beloved relative live with you?

Old 07-24-2013, 01:05 PM

32,636 posts, read 47,986,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trixcillia View Post
.......... Do you know what caused the bankruptcy or the turmoil that person went through or the reason behind a person going to prison? You want to sit and act like you are all perfect and screw anyone else that has made a mistake...... SHAME ON ALL OF YOU!!!!!
What an excellent idea, trixilla. You buy a multi million dollar apartment complex and give a whole bunch of felons and deadbeats a break and rent to them. I'm sure your generous nature will be amply repaid.

If you want to risk your own money, go ahead, but you have no business trying to bully other people into risking their money for your own projects and beliefs.

Put your own money where your mouth is.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:52 PM

Actually I have put money in to helping others and all you hateful and heartless people who responded..... YOU are part of the problem in the world today!!!! Always ready to judge AFTER someone already was tried and you have no compassion or humanity.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:57 PM

Default Mr. Man,

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL_Whut View Post
Why don't YOU buy a house and rent it out to felons and recent bankruptcy cases if that's how you feel? Put your money where your mouth is.

Also, why haven't you volunteered to let your beloved relative live with you?
How do you know I haven't helped ex felons? Have you wrote my bio? I donate to many charities and I give to many causes. Far as my relative not living with me.... There is a thing called BEING INDEPENDANT and he turned my offer down. Just so we are clear

Old 08-07-2013, 12:05 PM

28,114 posts, read 63,647,953 times
Looks like thread has run it's course...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting