Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 12:11 AM

6 posts, read 9,716 times

Advertisements

I've lived in the same apartment for 13 years. When I moved in, I changed the locks which I paid for. I changed them several times and every time I sent my LL a key.

UNTIL - I found out he'd been coming into my apartment without my consent. He slipped up 1 day and gave himself away during a conversation in ref. to a hurricane that did water damage to my ceiling.

I found out he again came in without my knowledge/consent. No notice, no emergency, etc. I changed the locks and did not give him a key. It drove him crazy trying to let me know he did not have a key without giving himself up that he'd tried to get in without my knowledge. He's a great LL, but I do not trust any of them. They'll never know if u change the locks if their honest since they cannot enter without your permission (or an emergency). I live in Fl in a 4-plex unit.

I'm sorry - I know it is their place, but it is also my 'home'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting