Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 03:53 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,845,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
I am a Landlord and I find what you did appalling. How dare you rent a home riddled with fleas, etc. and then sue the tenant for leaving it that same way. YOU are the disgusting one.

Erm, calm down, I do believe the poster was being sarcastic...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 05:53 PM

5,047 posts, read 5,807,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
I am a Landlord and I find what you did appalling. How dare you rent a home riddled with fleas, etc. and then sue the tenant for leaving it that same way. YOU are the disgusting one.

You read it wrong. I was being sarcastic when i said it was rented with fleas and all the damage above. It was rented in perfect condition, freshly painted, clean as a whistle.

I was being sarcastic in saying the condition it was in when she left ; that was the above condition. It was a health hazard.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:15 PM

22,859 posts, read 6,442,125 times
We had some tenants that we failed to check up on after one visit about 6 months into the lease, that they always paid on time, in fact brought it to our house. When we checked the place was clean, they had a medium size dog, that we allowed, no dog messes inside, no dog smell.
We didn't go back anymore, figured we didn't want to bother them anymore. Later they just moved out. I was not ready for what we saw. At least a foot of trash coving the whole house, dirty diapers, soda cans, rubbish. The strong smell of mouse urine, the sight of dead mice and feces, dog feces piled in the bathroom, a truly condemable house. Heard they got into drugs.
Nowadays I'm sorry if people are offended if we want to check the house every once in a while, we don't bother them often, and I know how things can get out of hand if you don't.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:12 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,780,262 times
From this

To this 99% done

Old 02-15-2010, 07:14 PM

Here is a good one 50% clean

Old 02-15-2010, 08:00 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
Ihave seen rented property in such shape that I would hoiuse my pigs in them really. But it was clkear when i asked the renters how long they lived there the sources of the filth. I have alos seen apartments ver clean. My obeservation is look atht eperosn and you likely can imagine how they live.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Ihave seen rented property in such shape that I would hoiuse my pigs in them really. But it was clkear when i asked the renters how long they lived there the sources of the filth. I have alos seen apartments ver clean. My obeservation is look atht eperosn and you likely can imagine how they live.
The pictures were from a house that had a husband and wife that were school teachers and looked very clean in person.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:37 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,845,339 times
My question is - how can anyone BEAR to for instance bathe in a shower that filthy? Would they wear the same clothes for weeks on end? eeewwwwwwwwwwwww

Are these people not taught by their parents how to keep themselves and their living areas clean?

Then again, I guess I shouldn't be all that surprised - I see things at work in common areas like kitchens and bathrooms that make you wonder how people "live at home", and I've worked in hotels and seen the way people will treat and trash a room they're paying for overnight.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:38 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
often an expression of hostility.
ripping off landlords is often another form of anti social behavior for people that have mega problems.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:05 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,772,227 times
I even wonder about my own neighbors....(not renters though)

Their garage is like pig hole (only trash in the 2 car garage, you can't even walk in there...car wrecks, like 5 old lawn mowers or parts, and other trash...) ...they look like p.. and the only thing they seem to care about is their cars to be clean...they even wash them uring rain and when it stops raining they go outsie with towels to dry them...other neighbors told them to maintain their yard and they now maintain that but I wonder how the house must look like from the inside and specially smell with 5 cats and them living there.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting