Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 02:11 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,714,563 times

Advertisements

Figuring out what to do that day and in what order. I plan my day. Usually in summer one highlight might be going out to see my garden and work in it for a little while. Maybe I'll walk over to the beach and see what it looks like today. Go for a relaxing drive in the countryside and take my camera. Visit the town thrift store which is more like an antique shop--always fun, people there are even fun. Going on short trips to Maine. Winter is different. The highlight is probably enjoying the few hours of daylight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2014, 02:28 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,549,774 times
No day is the same so it's hard to say. We go on many long trips but when we are home I'd say the long breakfasts in bed looking at the view out our front window. On gym days when I get out early in the morning it's the satisfaction when I finish a hard workout and feel 20 years younger than I am.

Having tons of time to work on my photography skills. Being able to spend all day reading a good book.

We've had an unusual summer here in which we've had many days in a row every week where it's sunny and in the 70's. I love sitting on the porch or riding my bike or walking on the beach during these times. Paradise.

Old 07-26-2014, 04:25 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,205,954 times
It depends upon the day, and what particular projects I'm involved with.

But as far as the most predictable daily highpoints go: walking alone for about forty minutes about a half hour after sunrise (in the summer), and/or lunch at a particular café that is situated on a cliff with a spectacular coastal view....which I need to get dressed for now.

Old 07-26-2014, 05:17 AM

3,577 posts, read 4,513,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Biscuitpop's special morning brew: espresso / chicory / Bailey's Cream / frothed milk, topped with cinnamon, in a jumbo clear glass mug.
We have this every single day at home and most days when we're traveling. It's kind of an obsession. We tote the espresso, chicory, Bailey's, cinnamon, milk, and frother, and only once in a blue moon encounter a hotel that doesn't have a coffeemaker we can work with.
Sounds delicious!

Old 07-26-2014, 05:20 AM

3,577 posts, read 4,513,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
It depends upon the day, and what particular projects I'm involved with.

But as far as the most predictable daily highpoints go: walking alone for about forty minutes about a half hour after sunrise (in the summer), and/or lunch at a particular café that is situated on a cliff with a spectacular coastal view....which I need to get dressed for now.
I'd like to go to that cafe.
View sounds awesome.

Old 07-26-2014, 07:48 AM

7,481 posts, read 6,268,742 times
I'm pretty happy when I wake up.

Old 07-26-2014, 07:53 AM

3,768 posts, read 4,109,568 times
The highlight of my day is finding out my name is not in the obituary section of the morning paper. Then I get particularly excited watching them refill the gumball machines at the corner drugstore.

Old 07-26-2014, 08:05 AM

11,141 posts, read 9,776,705 times
Walking a couple holes on the golf course with the dogs every evening at dusk. It's beautiful, sometimes I feel like I live in a big park. We watch for wildlife... bunnies, deer, foxes, turtles, ground hogs...and of course adding to our used golf ball collection.

Old 07-26-2014, 08:08 AM

2,733 posts, read 1,546,989 times
The highlight of my day is waking up fairly early (or whenever I want) and having a few hours to myself to watch the news, drink my coffee, putter around the house, etc.

Then when my husband wakes up, I usually say, "What do you have planned today, Mr. Social Director?" If he's not playing golf due to the heat, he usually has a day trip planned for us. (Yesterday we went to Charlie, Texas, for the peaches and Mineral Wells, Texas, for the water. We had a great BBQ lunch at Shotgun's BBQ in Mineral Wells, too.)

My husband usually always has an idea for something to do. I like the unexpected day trips he plans. Makes retired life fun.

Old 07-26-2014, 08:08 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,062,090 times
Every morning when I wake and start another day of my perpetual vacation!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement