Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2015, 08:23 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,641,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRRecruiter View Post
So if a man has long hair they have a woman's haircut?
No they either don't have money to cut it, can use a curling iron to look nice, or just like the appearance of being homeless. You still need more constructive things to focus on there big guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2015, 08:21 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,970,292 times
The more they lose on top, the more they compensate in length (ex-hippies, for the most part). But that's another thread for another day.

Old 12-07-2015, 11:54 AM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,452,471 times
My husband is a former barber. I let him cut my hair when we could least afford the $40 (plus $5 tip) every 5 weeks for a stylist to cut my hair.

I switched back after a couple of years when I was making more money.

I think hair styles are very personal. I know women of my age (60's) who retain their long locks, color them, or not - or shave their heads.

And honestly? After years and years and many dollars spent in upkeep? I support any woman's right to do whatever the heck she wants with her hair in retirement. No matter how it looks to men. It's no one's business but the womans.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:40 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my dayton View Post
No they either don't have money to cut it, can use a curling iron to look nice, or just like the appearance of being homeless. You still need more constructive things to focus on there big guy.
LOL, my husband says he's let his hair grow longer ( it's still not all that long), since he retired because he can, doesn't have to worry about keeping it short for work. He also says he likes covering his ears because he wears hearing aids and that way our pet birds, who sit on his shoulder quite a bit, won't see them and try to chew on the hearing aid wires.

He gets haircuts when he is ready to do so, and doesn't care what other folks think about his hair.

Old 11-11-2017, 04:45 PM

7 posts, read 3,902 times
I know this is an older thread but I want to add my 2 cents worth to the topic of short hair on women. There are several reasons for this...I know as I am getting older, it is harder for me to get around and go for a hair cut on a regular basis. This can be handled one of two ways...let it grow and get out a couple of times a year to get it cut or buy a pair of clippers and cut it short. I have actually purchased the clippers but not used them yet and am going with the first option. A few years ago I wore my hair in a short pixie so am no stranger to really short hair. The ONLY thing holding me back from using clippers is I am a little overweight and don't know if I have a good shape of head to pull off a buzz cut. I like watching the YouTube videos of buzz cuts, but the women are all very young. I'd like to see some older ladies giving themselves buzz cuts. BTW, I have always felt extremely feminine when my hair has been shorter...I tend to wear more make up than I do when it is longer. Women should wear their hair the way they want to wear it.

Old 11-11-2017, 05:07 PM

6,301 posts, read 4,197,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I saw another one today. A lady about my age that cut most of her hair off. It was no more than an inch long all over her head. I don't get it? IMHO, it certainly doesn't make them more attractive. Yet I see women who do this who obviously do other things and spend money to make themselves look better, but then cut their hair mostly off. I didn't think hair was that big a maint. thing. Maybe the ladies can explain?
Why would women care if they consider themselves attractive to you ? Also the notion that short hair is a man's style is such a sexist antiquated idea.

Old 11-11-2017, 05:14 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,055,996 times
A very dear woman in our 'coffee group' is a cancer survivor and we are all so thankful and happy that she is still with us and doing so well.

The last thing on any of our minds was how she looked bald or with very short hair.

She is so much more important and valued than her hair!

Old 11-11-2017, 05:17 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,383,197 times
I dont get it either Augie but it could be that they are cancer survivors.

Old 11-11-2017, 05:26 PM

6,301 posts, read 4,197,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
I dont get it either Augie but it could be that they are cancer survivors.

Or it could be they have always liked short hair. I frankly don't get why it's an issue.

Old 11-11-2017, 05:28 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,203,885 times
They look like that woman on the White Owl cigar box.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement