Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2019, 06:30 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,767,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
By the appearances I see of many of the sloppily dressed, poorly groomed and less than acceptable hygiene habits of many of the men I see living in my senior complex, I would say their "SMV" has long disappeared. They've given up on external maintenance yet they still want the rewards.

It's obvious that even though some of them want a woman in their lives, they don't want to bother to try to make themselves appealing so a woman would want them.

But don't get me wrong, I am not trying to shame older men, but let's be real about the natural course of things.
Haha, some guys think they are still a hotly sought item just because they are men. They look at how many older women exist vs older men and think it is like a buyer’s market. Not realizing that many of those older women may not be interested in finding a man at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2019, 07:12 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,534,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
See, this thread is an example of yet another reason I want to live on a different planet away from all of the other people.
First, the bad news: You do have to live on this planet.

Then, the good news: You don't have to click on this thread.

Last edited by Minervah; 04-27-2019 at 07:32 PM..

Old 04-27-2019, 07:37 PM

7,490 posts, read 4,991,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I saw another one today. A lady about my age that cut most of her hair off. It was no more than an inch long all over her head. I don't get it? IMHO, it certainly doesn't make them more attractive. Yet I see women who do this who obviously do other things and spend money to make themselves look better, but then cut their hair mostly off. I didn't think hair was that big a maint. thing. Maybe the ladies can explain?
I'm with you. Why do some post-menopausal women go butch? Is it because they've dyed and permed their hair so many times that their hair no longer grows beyond an inch, do they want the "head under the sink" morning scrub, or do they suddenly decide that they want to look like a man?

Older women with long silky natural hair are somehow, maybe, more interesting?

Old 04-27-2019, 07:43 PM

Quote:
First, the bad news: You do have to live on this planet.

Then, the good news: You don't have to click on this thread.
Is some post-menopausal woman trying to justify a butch cut?

Old 04-27-2019, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I think someone once wrote how women, when they turn 40, should chop off all of their hair and be miserable. Sure, a lot of women like the short hair look and do it at whatever age they choose. But for some of us, and I don't care how old we all get, we should just be able to be who we are and keep our hair long if we choose. I used to have it down to my butt when I was in my 20's and 30's. In my 40's, I had it almost to my waist. In my 50's, went shoulder length. Not every woman looks good with the super short hair and I would be one of those. The shortest I think that I will ever go is right below the ears. But I will wait to do that until I am 90 most likely. I am a long way off from there.
Turn 40? That's like saying when teenagers turn 13 they should wear a suit and tie.

Old 04-27-2019, 07:47 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,534,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
I'm with you. Why do some post-menopausal women go butch? Is it because they've dyed and permed their hair so many times that their hair no longer grows beyond an inch, do they want the "head under the sink" morning scrub, or do they suddenly decide that they want to look like a man?

Some of us have natural hair that's neither silky nor grows evenly when long.

My hair is curly and full of cowlicks. I've almost always worn it short. But I am still very interesting.

Old 04-27-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
Well it's been real nice trying to debate the OP's comment with you ladies from a real man's POV, but it's gotten OT.

Peace out!
I apologize, I skipped the first 40 pages of the discussion. Are you in favor of women going butch as soon as they hit menopause, or do you think long soft multicolored hair tied up in an attractive way is okay? As for men who are the same age as post-menopausal women, they have their own problems. Some have that prostate thing, but not all, just like not all older women go butch.

Old 04-27-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:
[/b]

Some of us have natural hair that's neither silky nor grows evenly when long.

My hair is curly and full of cowlicks. I've almost always worn it short. But I am still very interesting.
So it is always short, not short, or always the same regardless of getting old?

Old 04-27-2019, 08:28 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,240,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post

Having short hair doesn't make you look like a man LOL! HELLO, earings, boobs, make up , sheesh!

Old 04-28-2019, 03:26 AM

11,967 posts, read 5,915,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
It’s more junk science, I can still grow my hair, in fact my nails and hair are growing pretty fast. The term butch is very rude.
I agree - maybe he's been turned down by these "butch " women and why he's has such a harsh opinion.

I think as many women age - hair thins, they don't want to be bothered with long hair or goin to the beauty shop for perms. I've had a "butch" haircut all my life and have never had trouble attracting men - could be it's actually attractive to them or they think there are more important things than looks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement