Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2016, 02:56 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times

Advertisements

I applied over phone and since husband and I are past FRA was able to receive past 6 mo of full spousal benefits--
Will have my part B Medicare deducted from my check but also got new Medicare card--using my husband's SSN + B==
I didn't realize I would receive a new card/new number tied to his but since Medicare is coming out of that check I can see why the billing has to change...
The person I did the interview with may have told me I would get a new number but I don't recall hearing that

Just a surprise--I will have to learn his number which I don't know by memory even after all this time...

Plus--the notice of filing an appeal--says 60 days--
IF we did have significantly lower income in 2015 vs 2014 which is used to calculate the 2016 Medicare premiums---AND I was eligible and received those 6 mo retroactive benefits--
Is it likely I could be eligible for the hold-harmless provision if the appeal was allowed?

How do you file an appeal about changing income status?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement