Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 10:45 AM
mlb mlb started this thread

4,971 posts, read 4,449,955 times

Advertisements

Paul Ryan not sure on Obamacare replacement specifics, but guarantees that Medicare is toast

I knew this was coming.

Ryan is a weasel.

We need to stop this travesty with full force.

Old 11-15-2016, 10:50 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,931,891 times
From the People's Daily KOS no less, what an open and objective source!

I suppose you have visions once again of republicans pushing grandma off the cliff especially since it was the older folks among us who voted for Trump? Right.......

As far as Medicare being private my Medicare Part B Supplement is private and I love it. Same with my Part D insurance for pharmacy.

Old 11-15-2016, 10:53 AM
mlb mlb started this thread

4,971 posts, read 4,449,955 times
It's been widely reported. Not just on dKos. Which is more objective than your rightwingnutjob blogs.

Medicare has worked for over 50 years.

I hope he gets pushback from his party....

All those teabaggers waiting to retire.....

I can't imagine what they'll think of their Imperial President now.

Old 11-15-2016, 11:13 AM

17,340 posts, read 11,271,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
It's been widely reported. Not just on dKos. Which is more objective than your rightwingnutjob blogs.

Medicare has worked for over 50 years.

I hope he gets pushback from his party....

All those teabaggers waiting to retire.....

I can't imagine what they'll think of their Imperial President now.
Your post, filled with it's political crap and hate belongs in a different forum. The stupidity never stops.

Old 11-15-2016, 11:17 AM

78,363 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
Paul Ryan not sure on Obamacare replacement specifics, but guarantees that Medicare is toast

I knew this was coming.

Ryan is a weasel.

We need to stop this travesty with full force.
Yes, greatly appreciate the warning that we have to stop something that hasn't even been proposed in congress yet by a president that is still 2 months or so from entering office.

We finally get rid of the birthers and now we get the chicken-littles to take their place. Bwak Bwak!

Old 11-15-2016, 11:18 AM

2,756 posts, read 4,411,798 times
I don't see this happening.

But the biggest clear threat to retirees on Medicare is that if Trump dismantles Obamacare, then the Medicare donut hole for prescription drug costs will start re-opening. This will increase the cost for those with more expensive prescription drug needs.

I haven't heard this mentioned at all on the news. The talk is about saving the things Trump likes about Obamacare (or his supporters like) - covering pre-existing conditions and keeping your kids on your health insurance until they are 26.

So seniors.... you better speak up! Call your senator/reps and tell them you want to preserve Obamacare and/or the specifics that are important to you.

I doubt Trump even knows what the Medicare donut hole is!

Old 11-15-2016, 11:25 AM

25,440 posts, read 9,798,472 times
Nicet4, is an interview with Fox News good enough?

Paul Ryan is determined to gut Medicare. This time he might succeed - LA Times

Old 11-15-2016, 11:26 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,815,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
From the People's Daily KOS no less, what an open and objective source!

I suppose you have visions once again of republicans pushing grandma off the cliff especially since it was the older folks among us who voted for Trump? Right.......

As far as Medicare being private my Medicare Part B Supplement is private and I love it. Same with my Part D insurance for pharmacy.
Enjoy Parts B and D while you can. Those are on the chopping block. Ryan is strongly pushing Advantage plans, dumping Medigap.

Old 11-15-2016, 11:28 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,951,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcambridge View Post
I don't see this happening.

But the biggest clear threat to retirees on Medicare is that if Trump dismantles Obamacare, then the Medicare donut hole for prescription drug costs will start re-opening. This will increase the cost for those with more expensive prescription drug needs.

I haven't heard this mentioned at all on the news. The talk is about saving the things Trump likes about Obamacare (or his supporters like) - covering pre-existing conditions and keeping your kids on your health insurance until they are 26.

So seniors.... you better speak up! Call your senator/reps and tell them you want to preserve Obamacare and/or the specifics that are important to you.

I doubt Trump even knows what the Medicare donut hole is!
Everyone needs to remember that to keep covering people with pre-existing conditions, everyone (i.e., young, healthy people) need to continue to be mandated (forced to buy insurance) to help distribute the cost for the sick people. This is how insurance works... all have to buy in so there is money to cover the sick or injured. To put it another way, everyone who owns a car needs to buy insurance to cover those who have accidents. That's how insurance works.

Old 11-15-2016, 11:31 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,644,795 times
Lies and gossip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement