Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 02:58 PM

2,634 posts, read 3,694,123 times

Advertisements

I'm leaving this group -- I've found out all I want to know, and I think the topic is winding down anyway.

I just want to leave with this: If you go back and read the posts, you will find that most non-believers (agnostics and atheists or those who just plain don't attend church) tended to post comments that were demeaning of religion and/or of followers of their faith. Not all, but a lot -- I'd say the majority. However, those who do believe and do attend a place of worship (and those who would like to attend but can't because of health reasons or distance) didn't post demeaning posts about the atheists/agnostics/pagans. They didn't post snarky comments, nor did they retaliate -- and I certainly would have understood if they had. If I ever needed a friend, I would chose a person of faith who posted here, even though I'm an agnostic.

Just something to think about.

Thank you all for your participation.

Old 06-18-2019, 03:28 PM

7,899 posts, read 7,113,478 times
Atheists are not out in the world joining into groups to attack and control the non-atheists. Religious people seem to want to control others and lead them to salvation. Religious groups seem to want to go to war with each other and then complain they are unfairly treated. Worldwide the Muslims feel that Christians and Jews are out to get them. The Jews are concerned that the Christians and Muslims are out to get them. Centuries support those all of those concerns. I have no idea about the Hindus except for the obvious that the Indians and Pakistanis cannot stand each other and religion is at the core of it.

I am not surprised to see you "leave the group". You started out posting your beliefs and found some individuals to support you. Now the ice has been broken and mixed opinions are emerging.

Old 06-18-2019, 04:00 PM

7,188 posts, read 9,322,724 times
Nobody has ever killed anybody in the name of Atheism.

Old 06-18-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkliny View Post
Atheists are not out in the world joining into groups to attack and control the non-atheists. Religious people seem to want to control others and lead them to salvation. Religious groups seem to want to go to war with each other and then complain they are unfairly treated. Worldwide the Muslims feel that Christians and Jews are out to get them. The Jews are concerned that the Christians and Muslims are out to get them. Centuries support those all of those concerns. I have no idea about the Hindus except for the obvious that the Indians and Pakistanis cannot stand each other and religion is at the core of it.

I am not surprised to see you "leave the group". You started out posting your beliefs and found some individuals to support you. Now the ice has been broken and mixed opinions are emerging.
Have you even bothered to read any of my posts? That's not at all what happened. You just make up stuff as you go along. Yeah, it irks me, but more than anything, I have to admit that I find it rather amusing.

Take care. I wish you well.

Old 06-18-2019, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
Nobody has ever killed anybody in the name of Atheism.
And truly religious people have never killed in the name of God.

Fanatics can call themselves whatever they want to call themselves. But they are simply murderers. Plain and simple.

And, by the way, thank you for proving my previous point with your latest point.

Old 06-18-2019, 05:48 PM

7,899 posts, read 7,113,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran66 View Post
And truly religious people have never killed in the name of God.

Fanatics can call themselves whatever they want to call themselves. But they are simply murderers. Plain and simple.

And, by the way, thank you for proving my previous point with your latest point.
What!!!!! Religion in many societies started with human sacrifice, moved on to holy wars, Inquisitions, burning witches at the stake and way, way more.

Fanatics tend to be those who you do no agree with. I make no distinction among those who adopt religious views. Some are peaceful. Some are not. Some burn witches. Some want to jail abortion physicians for life. Others feel threatened and want a religious society. Some of them are willing to use terrorism to achieve their goals. There is nothing new or unusual about any of this. History has shown that those who adopt "beliefs" can end up following all sorts of ugliness. Millions of Germans seemed content to exterminate millions of Jews all based on group thinking.

Old 06-18-2019, 05:52 PM

5,452 posts, read 4,054,839 times
Bickering, arguing... time to close this thread before someone says something they may regret.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement