Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 03:27 AM

2,360 posts, read 1,444,059 times

Advertisements

Never having to get up at 5:00 a.m. again! Unless I really want to!
Never setting an alarm clock again!
Never sitting in a conference room again!
Drinking wine in the middle of the day, on a week day!
Forgetting the meaning of “week day”!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2019, 05:02 AM

3,602 posts, read 2,313,982 times
Sleeping in on a Monday morning rather than rushing into work for a meeting.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:06 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,592,170 times
I find it a challenge to keep my grandson occupied and off his tablet when he comes to visit. Most days I take him outside and expose him to my world. My brothers and I grew up rather poor with little to no store bought toys. We always went outside only equipt with our imaginations. At the age of three he loves to go on adventures chasing lizards with nets or hunting frogs with his papa. He is on a hot wheel craze as of late and was excited to bring some over to show his papa. It was my "guilty pleasure" to bring him over to my workshop to build our first wood working project. I had some scrap wood left over from a previous project, so I thought about building a hot wheel track. I had him sit on my stool while I cut a few strips of wood. I took out my compressor and nail gun and we both put together a nice ramp and track. I will do anything to get hugs and smiles from that little boy.

Old 08-02-2019, 06:18 PM

16,114 posts, read 10,782,975 times
In my earlier post, I couldn't think of much in the way of splurges but I do splurge when I'm traveling. For example, I have a hobby of staying in historic hotels. Some are very interesting and very nicely restored. The cost is probably $50 more than a night in a typical "nice" room out by the interstate but I know how much work it takes to restore and keep these places open and well maintained. I reserve a sleeper if I'm taking a long-distance train trip and that is worth the extra cost for the privacy, quiet, and the meals that come with the expense. On shorter trips, I'll reserve a business class seat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement