Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 06:33 PM

6,354 posts, read 7,759,280 times

Advertisements

This is a continuation of the Chat Thread which has been closed. It was closed because of the number of posts in that thread. Above a certain amount of posts, the software database access times are no longer efficient and it could bog down the system. You can find the original thread at:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/retir...at-thread.html

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2019, 07:50 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,526,555 times
I've read & appreciate all the expressions of support in the original chat thread & those sent privately. They mean a lot, thank you.

We've told our extended family & our son's many friends this & it applies here too: carry on & don't feel like you have to walk on eggshells with us. After those 1st several days of his barely clinging to life & our not knowing if he would survive, this is a cakewalk.
We (my son, his sibling, biscuitpop, me) are all healing much faster than we could have imagined in those dark days. We're now stronger and better people for having gone through it. We have a good/great outcome. Our hearts ache for the so many who don't.

Old 09-17-2019, 07:58 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,189,978 times
Well, "Hello" everyone! I guess our chat thread is rolling right along with a II after it! We finally had a nice thunderstorm and rain last night, after a pretty weak "Monsoon" season, as they call it out here in the Arizona desert. As a result of the rain moistening our soil, Hubby and I have been working out in our front yard garden today. My back told me to quit, although my husband is still out there, but will be in quickly as it is getting dark.

We had an unsettling thing happen in the Phoenix news; the story came out today. A high school football and basketball coach resigned yesterday, after it was discovered he had been e-mailing competitor coaches game books and notes on which players were "bad" or weak. I feel so bad for these young men who played on the teams -- very disillusioning for these teens to find out that their trusted coach has been doing this. I feel terrible for the whole school but am glad that this has come to light, finally. I am not sure how he was caught; perhaps (hopefully) another coach turned him in to the conference.

What next?

Old 09-17-2019, 08:02 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,189,978 times
biscuitmom --

I'm glad things are on the mend with your son. Yes, it is important to keep up with the "normal" stuff in life; it keeps us going in a positive way, I think. You are all in my prayers!

Old 09-17-2019, 08:26 PM

1,322 posts, read 1,685,198 times
biscuitmom, your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Sending best wishes for continued advances.

Old 09-17-2019, 10:00 PM

363 posts, read 349,319 times
is there a one-sentence summary of the old thread?

Old 09-17-2019, 10:27 PM

6,354 posts, read 7,759,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashlight View Post
Not really. It was just an informal chat session that covered a myriad of topics. Similar to a get-together on the porch in the evening to discuss whatever popped into our minds. This thread is just a continuation of that old one.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 09-17-2019, 10:44 PM

2,527 posts, read 2,774,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
I've read & appreciate all the expressions of support in the original chat thread & those sent privately. They mean a lot, thank you.

We've told our extended family & our son's many friends this & it applies here too: carry on & don't feel like you have to walk on eggshells with us. After those 1st several days of his barely clinging to life & our not knowing if he would survive, this is a cakewalk.
We (my son, his sibling, biscuitpop, me) are all healing much faster than we could have imagined in those dark days. We're now stronger and better people for having gone through it. We have a good/great outcome. Our hearts ache for the so many who don't.
All of you are my heroes and an inspiration. You've left an everlasting mark on my heart.

Old 09-18-2019, 04:04 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashlight View Post
Yes, old people like us talking about day to day stuff.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:12 AM

5,449 posts, read 4,043,852 times
Thanks to Volosong for taking care of this for us!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement