Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2020, 08:33 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
I've already had that feeling about the political situation! I did see someone who posted the famous TZ episode, "The Monsters Arrive on Maple Street."
So many TZ episodes could apply.

I'm ready with 2 pairs of glasses in case "Time enough at Last"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2020, 08:43 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,385,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
So many TZ episodes could apply.

I'm ready with 2 pairs of glasses in case "Time enough at Last"
Oh, yes.
How about "Last Stop at Willoughby?"

Last edited by brightdoglover; 03-23-2020 at 09:23 PM..

Old 03-23-2020, 09:00 PM

2,159 posts, read 1,664,245 times
I watched the Vincent Price version of I Am Legend today

Old 03-23-2020, 10:05 PM

1,204 posts, read 935,110 times
NYGal, I have an idea! When your noisy neighbors have conversations in the hall, pop out and join in, enthusiastically talking a mile a minute, talking right over them if they try to interrupt, cheerfully trailing along still talking as they go to their rooms. When you hear one of them slam a door, race out and say, oh I’m so glad I heard you come out, just wanted to talk about...and off you go. Pretty soon you’ll have them tiptoeing into the hall and into each other’s rooms, and all they could possibly complain about is that you were way too friendly!

Old 03-24-2020, 11:12 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,700,279 times
This disease makes me glad we no longer live in a densely-populated town. It would be difficult to avoid encountering people at fairly close range.

Now we can take long walks and encounter nobody at all, without needing to drive somewhere else.

The “bored” people driving around scoping out private property to explore in began to manifest themselves, though. Why they do this, I don’t get, since they still can go on open public trails and roads without getting near other people, as long as visitation from elsewhere is down, which it is.

Old 03-24-2020, 11:25 AM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
This disease makes me glad we no longer live in a densely-populated town. It would be difficult to avoid encountering people at fairly close range.

Now we can take long walks and encounter nobody at all, without needing to drive somewhere else.

The “bored” people driving around scoping out private property to explore in began to manifest themselves, though. Why they do this, I don’t get, since they still can go on open public trails and roads without getting near other people, as long as visitation from elsewhere is down, which it is.
Many urban dwellers are escaping to the country though. Not only in the US either.
work from home and no school enables them to do that now.

Old 03-24-2020, 02:58 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,700,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Many urban dwellers are escaping to the country though. Not only in the US either.
work from home and no school enables them to do that now.
They might still be allowed and able to travel. But trespassing is always unwelcome and, in these times, any lookie-loos dawdling at private property will be viewed with extra suspicion, if not outright hostility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement