Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2020, 03:16 PM

74 posts, read 125,638 times

Advertisements

I remember Tales from the Crypt June 10, 1989, to July 19, 1996; also Zacherley who died in 2018 at the ripe old age of 98.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2020, 03:34 PM

10,036 posts, read 8,734,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
all the One Step Beyond shows are now in the public domain, and are available on Youtube.
I think you can also find the new version " Next Step Beyond " on YouTube. It had the same host but only lasted a season.

Old 10-02-2020, 05:05 PM

26,666 posts, read 28,865,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNooYawk2 View Post
I agree with your assessment of Alfred Hitchcock but there was one episode that scared my nine-year old self to pieces. It was called "The Monkey's Paw (Claw?)". I never did see the end because when the paw wiggled in the gypsy-woman's hand, I skedaddled off to bed. Under the covers.
I remember something called the Monkey's Paw and it really freaked me out. I can't remember anything about it though. Just the name. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

Old 10-02-2020, 06:51 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,977,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I remember something called the Monkey's Paw and it really freaked me out. I can't remember anything about it though. Just the name. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!
Here's the short story the episode was based on:

https://americanliterature.com/autho...he-monkeys-paw

Old 10-02-2020, 07:36 PM

26,666 posts, read 28,865,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Here's the short story the episode was based on:

https://americanliterature.com/autho...he-monkeys-paw
Thanks. I'll read it sometime when I'm feeling really brave.

Old 10-02-2020, 08:01 PM

1,670 posts, read 1,501,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Yes! Thank you, Aliasfinn.

I thought I'd probably provided too little information to go on, but it was all I remembered.

But it sufficed after all.

And looking at it again after >55 years, that spinning thing isn't actually a fan, is it?
Does anyone know what it's supposed to be?
I think they just put together a bunch of surplus parts to make it look like a science lab. The spinning thing looks like some kind of radar or microwave antenna. The spinning part may just be an attempt to make it look more visually interesting.
Science Fiction Theater was one of my favorite shows. You can buy all episodes on DVD from a eBay seller.

Old 10-02-2020, 08:11 PM

561 posts, read 441,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Thanks. I'll read it sometime when I'm feeling really brave.
"The Monkey's Paw" is a good short story, but it isn't that scary. It just reminds you to be careful what you wish for.

Old 10-02-2020, 08:58 PM

4,821 posts, read 3,105,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnd393 View Post
I think they just put together a bunch of surplus parts to make it look like a science lab. The spinning thing looks like some kind of radar or microwave antenna. The spinning part may just be an attempt to make it look more visually interesting.
Science Fiction Theater was one of my favorite shows. You can buy all episodes on DVD from a eBay seller.
Agreed... and now that I've seen that intro again on Youtube, I noticed there's another one
of those things at the opposite end of the lab, but it's not spinning. Maybe the spinning one
was supposed to be transmitting something, the stationary one receiving.

Chances are the set designer is no longer around to explain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement