Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 04:42 PM

43 posts, read 61,193 times

Advertisements

im from LA and i want to move to the east coast or mid west maybe I love Cali but there isnt much of a Italian community i just need a change plus im Italian and french i wanna move to a place with more Italian's that is safe any ideas? I heared San Diego has a large Italian community is that true?

Need Help! Im born and raised in Cali but im over it here I need a change I wanna move to the east coast or the mid west or to an area with more Italians. Im Italian and french and I would love to live near more Italian's and in a safe clean area Which areas have more Italians? What states ? and hows the cost of living? I have a very hard time meeting other Italians in LA so that's why i wanna move. id like some help I wanna know everything thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 05:15 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,785,752 times
Italian American Population in All 50 States

There ya go. If moving to where the largest percentage of Italians is, then Rhode Island is your place. If you want the largest concentration of Italians, then New York City and Providence (along with N. Providence, Johnston, and Cranston) would probably be your best bet.

Old 09-10-2013, 05:16 PM

And here's a list of the cities with the highest population of Italians

Statistics

Old 09-10-2013, 05:33 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,544,173 times
How about the Jersey Shore ! Asbury Park.... the best pizza on the planet, plenty of Italians and.... the beaches ! Monmouth County ... awesome.

Old 09-10-2013, 05:40 PM

The show ruined it.. like the shore down there, but not the people who are a lovely shade of whorange as depicted.

Old 09-10-2013, 09:59 PM

43 posts, read 61,193 times
thank you tell me everything i should know about your lovely state? whats the night life like? I wanna move to a nice safe place. Are the people friendly and are the guys rude like on jersey shore i hope not?

I love working out and looking good but I could never treat anyone that way.

Thanks again
Julie Bartoletti

Old 09-11-2013, 06:43 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,544,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
The show ruined it.. like the shore down there, but not the people who are a lovely shade of whorange as depicted.

I know, the show is pure trash and a terrible example for children and teens and "semi adults". I couldn't even get through one of the first showings.

There are some really lovely areas near the shore in New Jersey. We have friends in Elberon, Eatontown, Red Bank, Freehold, Sea Bright, Brielle, and so forth. The Jersey Shore show is/was a blatant insult to those neighborhoods and I doubt any Snooky wannabes are in those areas.

There are some yummy "tomato pies" all over the shore towns there. Cape May.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:15 AM

2,903 posts, read 3,457,458 times
How about Rhode Island! Federal Hill.... the best pizza on the planet, plenty of Italians and... the beaches! South County... awesome.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
How about Rhode Island! Federal Hill.... the best pizza on the planet, plenty of Italians and... the beaches! South County... awesome.
I, personally, would take RI over NJ any day of the week. At 19% of the population, there are many Italian-Americans. And Federal Hill is VERY good for Italian food. You'll find the city to be safer than others of comparable size, depending on the neighborhood, of course.

You'll need to prepare for the weather, as it is dissimilar to LA in every regard. Very short Summer season, and long Winter season.

Overall, if being around a particular ethnicity is the sole reason for your move, then RI is a no brainer. Just know that it is going to be a polar opposite of where you currently live.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:52 AM

And dammit, now you made me miss pizza strips..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island