Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 06:44 PM

1 posts, read 3,022 times

Advertisements

I'm going to be moving to Providence soon, and I am going apartment hunting next week. I'm in the process of looking up apartments. Is Pawtucket a good area to live in? And what streets/parts of Providence are better to live in.

Any advice/information would be helpful. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 10:34 PM

23,776 posts, read 18,899,213 times
Depends on your budget and where you will be working, type of neighborhood you are looking for, kids, etc.

In general, Pawtucket isn't the greatest.

Old 04-23-2016, 06:02 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,588,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshah92 View Post
I'm going to be moving to Providence soon, and I am going apartment hunting next week. I'm in the process of looking up apartments. Is Pawtucket a good area to live in? And what streets/parts of Providence are better to live in.

Any advice/information would be helpful. Thank you.

Your question(s) about Prov. and Pawt. have been thoroughly answered and discussed here. If you go to the right hand side at the top of the first page, use the "Search This Forum" tab and enter your criteria, there will be many helpful replies for you to sift through. Does your residence depend on the location of your job? If so, RI is very small, you will have many choices depending on your budget and activities. Best of luck.

Old 04-23-2016, 08:44 AM

107 posts, read 101,274 times
RI cities are pretty old and tend to blend in to each other. Some parts of Pawtucket border on the East Side of Providence, which is the most desirable area. Some of Woonsocket is very nice, but most not. Actually, most parts of Lincoln are great and another mostly desirable area, but some of it is the dregs.

I live in Johnston but the area is very cut off from the "center" of Johnston and very much like Greenville.

Old 04-23-2016, 05:05 PM

16 posts, read 13,745 times
How about North Providence? I am moving there next month!

Old 04-24-2016, 01:28 PM

822 posts, read 862,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tathy View Post
How about North Providence? I am moving there next month!
North Prov. is fine. Not a bad town.
If the OP is looking at Providence, the East side is the most desirable and the most expensive. The West End has pretty cool, eclectic neighborhoods. Stay away from South Prov. If you're going to be working in Prov and want to live elsewhere, no place is really that far so you have plenty of options

Old 04-27-2016, 02:32 PM

46 posts, read 41,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpsharky View Post
North Prov. is fine. Not a bad town.
If the OP is looking at Providence, the East side is the most desirable and the most expensive. The West End has pretty cool, eclectic neighborhoods. Stay away from South Prov. If you're going to be working in Prov and want to live elsewhere, no place is really that far so you have plenty of options
lol, the West End is horrible outside of the hipster village around Dexter Field. Lower South Providence is safer than that area.

Old 04-28-2016, 10:11 AM

822 posts, read 862,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IaminRI View Post
lol, the West End is horrible outside of the hipster village around Dexter Field. Lower South Providence is safer than that area.
I'll have to disagree ... lower S Prov is NOT safer than the West End. It is not good to tell tell someone that who is looking for areas to live in.

Old 04-28-2016, 06:10 PM

46 posts, read 41,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpsharky View Post
I'll have to disagree ... lower S Prov is NOT safer than the West End. It is not good to tell tell someone that who is looking for areas to live in.
Check the Police Crime stats- https://www.providenceri.com/police/crime-statistics
There is more violet crime in the West End than lower South Providence. Cranston St runs through the middle of the West End, it is irresponsible to let some think that area is safe least they get beaten like that poor elderly couple were last year on Cranston St. Elderly couple severely beaten in Providence - News - providencejournal.com - Providence, RI

Old 04-28-2016, 07:30 PM

23,776 posts, read 18,899,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IaminRI View Post
Check the Police Crime stats- https://www.providenceri.com/police/crime-statistics
There is more violet crime in the West End than lower South Providence. Cranston St runs through the middle of the West End, it is irresponsible to let some think that area is safe least they get beaten like that poor elderly couple were last year on Cranston St. Elderly couple severely beaten in Providence - News - providencejournal.com - Providence, RI
One year one will have more incidents of crime, then the next it reverses...

Debating which ghetto is worse is pointless. The key is to avoid them all. Aim higher in life...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island