Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 09:16 AM

325 posts, read 311,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I'm not poor, and filter my water. I am perfectly fine. You, clearly, are not.

The roads here are perfectly adequate.

It was so weird, I expect pot holes, especially on so many of the one lane on/off ramps you can't really close for repairs very often, but there were major gaps, and some heaves where my car jumped ala dukes of hazard style, which a Honda is not meant to do... damn bad roads, but yeah, Brooklyn is awesome, I go almost monthly.
And any moron that "expects" potholes, deserve's 'em!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 09:27 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetoid View Post
And any moron that "expects" potholes, deserve's 'em!

No, anyone with a brain understands we will have them in northern climates where there is heavy traffic. Perhaps you should learn about water, freezing, and the effect it has on rocks/roads/etc. You will always have potholes develop in northern states, especially those with heavy traffic, and those with heavy traffic will take the longest to repair due to their abundance and the difficulty in repairing them while there is traffic.

I don't have time to teach an obvious troll, and I suspect you do not want to learn anything.

But I'm getting pretty sick of your crap. I'll take less than perfect roads in a city with great music and arts, and a great food scene, and cheap real estate and a walkable core over negative people anyday. Negative people suck.

Old 05-26-2017, 09:37 AM

822 posts, read 858,405 times
Quote:
From the looks of the street corners, I'd guess 217 more beggars. Real news would be adding gainfully employed taxpayers! Please don't confuse Providence with a real city, what a cesspool!
You think Providence is the only city with beggars on the corners? You can find that in just about every large metro.

Old 05-26-2017, 09:43 AM

I feel your pain Mr. Timberwolf, I really do. All you've got left to offer in the face of overwhelming empirical data is anger and frustration. The good news though is since this makes you like every other Rhode Islander, you're gonna fit right in. Pretty soon you'll be like that other fella here that thinks he's driving around on smooth roads. And since you already accept mediocrity and failure as the norm, you're almost a Rhode Isander already. I want you to practice at night though, in front of a mirror before you go to bed, repeating over and over-------only in Rhode Island, only in Rhode Island..........

Old 05-26-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpsharky View Post
You think Providence is the only city with beggars on the corners? You can find that in just about every large metro.
You're a Rhode Islander, I can tell by your defensiveness. Honed by years of suspicion, insularity and inferiority. Switch over to store bought water filters and if it's not already too late, you may experience reversal of the symptoms.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:52 AM

2,811 posts, read 2,184,013 times
Quote:
...with duct tape holding your tailights in.
I actually saw a headlight held in with duct tape this morning. Except it wasn't in Rhode Island; it was in Lexington, MA on a truck with New Hampshire plates.

Old 05-26-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
I feel your pain Mr. Timberwolf, I really do. All you've got left to offer in the face of overwhelming empirical data is anger and frustration. The good news though is since this makes you like every other Rhode Islander, you're gonna fit right in. Pretty soon you'll be like that other fella here that thinks he's driving around on smooth roads. And since you already accept mediocrity and failure as the norm, you're almost a Rhode Isander already. I want you to practice at night though, in front of a mirror before you go to bed, repeating over and over-------only in Rhode Island, only in Rhode Island..........

The only thing that is making me angry today is you.

The people in RI so far have been quite lovely.

But I will tell you, you wouldn't be yapping that mouth to me in person like this.

Old 05-26-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp775 View Post
I actually saw a headlight held in with duct tape this morning. Except it wasn't in Rhode Island; it was in Lexington, MA on a truck with New Hampshire plates.
I'm looking at 4 of 'em in Rhode island. And I'm parked! No wonder Home Depot was out of duct tape. And there's a plate with 9 registration stickers on it. I know you didn't see THAT in Lexington. In fact with RI plates, I'm surprised that you weren't turned around at the town limits. Probably drove at 40 mph in the fast lane on 128 with your muffler hanging off to get there. And I KNOW that you didn't signal your lane changes. Good Lord, how do you people even exist? Next time you're in Lexington, take a look at the quality of the roads. Enjoy it while you can though, because you'll soon be back in the Pothole State. Mister, for your own good, throw away those state supplied water filters!

Old 05-26-2017, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
The only thing that is making me angry today is you.

The people in RI so far have been quite lovely.

But I will tell you, you wouldn't be yapping that mouth to me in person like this.
I understand your rage, physical violence is the last resort of a mind bereft of reason. Rhode Island has claimed yet another victim. RIP Mister Timberwolf, hopefully you may serve as a warning to others.

Old 05-26-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
I understand your rage, physical violence is the last resort of a mind bereft of reason. Rhode Island has claimed yet another victim. RIP Mister Timberwolf, hopefully you may serve as a warning to others.

Yeah, ok buddy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island