Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 11:57 AM

171 posts, read 309,178 times

Advertisements

Ok, so it only grew by 217, but it's progress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 12:32 PM

325 posts, read 312,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeStreet View Post
Ok, so it only grew by 217, but it's progress.
From the looks of the street corners, I'd guess 217 more beggars. Real news would be adding gainfully employed taxpayers! Please don't confuse Providence with a real city, what a cesspool!

Old 05-25-2017, 12:39 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,007,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetoid View Post
From the looks of the street corners, I'd guess 217 more beggars. Real news would be adding gainfully employed taxpayers! Please don't confuse Providence with a real city, what a cesspool!

Hanging out under bridges with your brethren I see.

(I'm added under 2017, and gainfully employed, BTW)

Old 05-25-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Hanging out under bridges with your brethren I see.

(I'm added under 2017, and gainfully employed, BTW)
Poor Timberwolf, haven't been through Boston lately, have you? Hey, you find your fenders yet?

Old 05-25-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Poor Timberwolf, haven't been through Boston lately, have you? Hey, you find your fenders yet?

I'm there weekly as my mother lives there. And my fenders are where they always are, on my car.

Had a close scare though, I had to drive to Brooklyn this weekend, holy crud, those are some bad roads. Felt much better once I was back in RI.

Old 05-25-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:
I'm there weekly as my mother lives there. And my fenders are where they always are, on my car.

Had a close scare though, I had to drive to Brooklyn this weekend, holy crud, those are some bad roads. Felt much better once I was back in RI.
Poor, poor Timberwolf. Didn't I warn you about drinking the water in Rhode Island? This is how it starts. Next thing you know, you'll be driving around with registration stickers plastered all over plates with duct tape holding your tailights in.

Old 05-25-2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkins86 View Post
Saw that fella today on Branch Ave. at N. Main. Gave him half a sandwich. He reminded me a lot of Providence, Filthy and broke!

Old 05-25-2017, 02:58 PM

1,586 posts, read 2,151,155 times
Quote:
Oh, man, as an ex-New Yorker (or are you always a New Yorker?), this is so true. The roads anywhere in New York City are much worse than pretty much anywhere else. Still wouldn't prevent me from living there, because that's insane!

Old 05-26-2017, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Poor, poor Timberwolf. Didn't I warn you about drinking the water in Rhode Island? This is how it starts. Next thing you know, you'll be driving around with registration stickers plastered all over plates with duct tape holding your tailights in.

I'm not poor, and filter my water. I am perfectly fine. You, clearly, are not.

The roads here are perfectly adequate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boulevardofdef View Post
Oh, man, as an ex-New Yorker (or are you always a New Yorker?), this is so true. The roads anywhere in New York City are much worse than pretty much anywhere else. Still wouldn't prevent me from living there, because that's insane!
It was so weird, I expect pot holes, especially on so many of the one lane on/off ramps you can't really close for repairs very often, but there were major gaps, and some heaves where my car jumped ala dukes of hazard style, which a Honda is not meant to do... damn bad roads, but yeah, Brooklyn is awesome, I go almost monthly.

Old 05-26-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
I'm not poor, and filter my water. I am perfectly fine. You, clearly, are not.

The roads here are perfectly adequate.

It was so weird, I expect pot holes, especially on so many of the one lane on/off ramps you can't really close for repairs very often, but there were major gaps, and some heaves where my car jumped ala dukes of hazard style, which a Honda is not meant to do... damn bad roads, but yeah, Brooklyn is awesome, I go almost monthly.
It's obvious that you've been getting the wrong filters, the ones not designed to eliminate toxic Rhode Island microbes. I assume you've been using the ones that they hand out for free at the state house. I love your stories though: man, there's a pothole in Brooklyn that'll swallow a car up whole! Even taking into account the Rhode Island level of sophistication, you must recognize this as anecdotal evidence. How about some empirical evidence? This from 24/7 Wall St. worst roads in America: 50th, Rhode Island. The worst, again! Public roads in poor condition 52% (highest), Deficient bridges 56% (highest), Added vehicle cost per motorist $467 (4th highest), size of road system (2nd smallest). And this despite the 5th highest road cost per mile and 8th highest overall tax burden. Still want to keep using the state supplied water filters? If this is what you consider "perfectly adequate", then you will indeed be a fine addition to this failed backwater. Only in Rhode Island!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island