Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 04:08 AM

8,030 posts, read 4,709,176 times

Advertisements

https://www.providencejournal.com/en...-in-providence

Where Mile & A Quarter used to be. Near the new pedestrian bridge. This new restaurant on South Water Street is actually 3 vegan restaurants under one roof. You have the choice of burgers, italian & mexican. I can only speak to the mexican eatery. The food was delicious & the service even better. However, the cell phone notification valet parking was a bit chaotic. The place was packed with millennials on Saturday night. Reservations recommended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 05:11 PM

1,549 posts, read 3,057,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
https://www.providencejournal.com/en...-in-providence

Where Mile & A Quarter used to be. Near the new pedestrian bridge. This new restaurant on South Water Street is actually 3 vegan restaurants under one roof. You have the choice of burgers, italian & mexican. I can only speak to the mexican eatery. The food was delicious & the service even better. However, the cell phone notification valet parking was a bit chaotic. The place was packed with millennials on Saturday night. Reservations recommended.
Miss Mile and A Quarter and Black Dog Tavern. Nice move on there part as the bridge is to open soon. Hope this spurs more in kind development.

Old 07-26-2019, 06:25 PM

23,645 posts, read 18,764,013 times
Even for many of us carnivores where that's not really our cup of tea, it's typical now days to have a vegan/vegetarian in the family or party. Always good to know of more tasty options that will accommodate that!

Old 07-27-2019, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2448 View Post
Miss Mile and A Quarter and Black Dog Tavern. Nice move on there part as the bridge is to open soon. Hope this spurs more in kind development.
Something happened to Mile & A Quarter in its later years. It somehow managed to stay open long after there were many customers. I used to meet colleagues there for drinks because it was convenient. Almost always, we were the only patrons in the entire place. I have friends with offices overlooking the building. In the months just before the upstairs "club" opened (since closed by the city) there were real suspicious comings & goings.

Old 07-27-2019, 02:02 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,571,170 times
I always liked Barnsiders Mile & A Quarter. Had a great soup and salad bar back in the days when listeria was not such a concern.

Old 08-07-2019, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Even for many of us carnivores where that's not really our cup of tea, it's typical now days to have a vegan/vegetarian in the family or party. Always good to know of more tasty options that will accommodate that!
Yes, we are your friends & family everywhere! Went back to Plant City for a second visit. The food was even better the second time. All three restaurant options were packed. This time after the meal we went to the take out area for desert to go. Like the first visit, the place full of millennials and younger patrons.

Old 10-06-2020, 09:20 AM

17,789 posts, read 9,233,277 times
Welcome to Middletown, Plant City.

A “scaled-down” version of the Plant City to open in Middletown

There will be a drive-thru.

Old 10-06-2020, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Welcome to Middletown, Plant City.
A “scaled-down” version of the Plant City to open in Middletown
There will be a drive-thru.
Great news for those of us who live in this neck of the woods!

Old 10-07-2020, 06:12 PM

4,422 posts, read 3,204,810 times
I'm not at all vegetarian or vegan but I do look forward to checking out Plant City if things ever get back to normal.

Old 10-07-2020, 06:14 PM

23,645 posts, read 18,764,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
I'm not at all vegetarian or vegan but I do look forward to checking out Plant City if things ever get back to normal.
The S Main St. one isn't open, they don't do takeout there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island