Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 09:59 AM

8,032 posts, read 4,696,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Holly it's not as simple as you are making it out to be. For one, Trump has done PLENTY to help the less fortunate despite the fact that he comes with many flaws (as does Biden, Hillary...). Two, there are many different reasons why one would vote for Trump and not just the regurgitated ones you mentioned. There are many reasons why one might support Biden (although sadly the #1 reason I've heard is to "dump Trump"). I assume you don't associate with many of these boaters at the rally, nor do you know their story or what brought them to vote how they do. How about a little tolerance and less rush to judge? I think we could use a little more of that right now.
Normally, I would tend to appreciate a few of the sentiments delivered in this post. However, this is not a normal time. We all know way too much. If there ever has NOT been a "Can't we all just get along" moment in history, it is now. Democracy is on the line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2020, 10:08 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,899,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
If Orange Man Bad is all we have, all you guys seem to have is "OMG, the skies are falling and if you elect a Democrat they will kill your granny The carnage!"

The carnage is real. It's been happening every day for three months.

The fact that your garbage media rarely shows it to you, then twists it through a funhouse lens, is your problem - not mine. Gee, it couldn't be because it's all happening in Democratic cities, with their acquiescence, could it? This stuff is straight up objectively bad, it supersedes ideology, so the only play the Dems/Media have is to try to hide it as much as possible. You seem to be yet another one who hasn't gotten the memo that businesses are being trashed, people violently attacked, and cities/suburbs are under siege every day. Either that or you don't want to "get it", and that would be despicable.

As far all that duck dynasty and stuff, I wasn't even a Republican then. And Democrats were totally different too. All that stuff was 8 years ago now in terms of its prominence.

But let's face it, even accounting for that, if you compared what I wrote about DeBlasio, Obama, and Newsom (and there are many others) to what you just wrote, it's night and day.

You cannot compare the evil and corruption being perpetrated by the Democrats with their allies in the media right now to "Duck Dynasty", sorry.

Old 08-25-2020, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
Wealthy boat owners who don't have to pay any tax on their boats, while people just scraping by have to pay taxes on their clunkers and people doing a bit better than that have to pay taxes on their RVs.

The rich and privileged only reap more riches and privileges from our "servants". The system needs to be changed so the political class includes the working class.

Maybe your super majority Democratic govt. should do something about that.

Ironically, Trump and the Republicans raised taxes on the rich in Blue States via SALT, and now Pelosi is trying to get the cuts reinstated.

Open your eyes, the Parties are not the same anymore.

Old 08-25-2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post
The problem in Rhode Island isn't access to democracy. It's an electorate far from astute enough to use it wisely.

There's idiots in every state. I've been to states with far more than we have here.

Old 08-25-2020, 10:13 AM

8,032 posts, read 4,696,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
The carnage is real. It's been happening every day for three months.
As far all that duck dynasty and stuff, I wasn't even a Republican then. And Democrats were totally different too. All that stuff was 8 years ago now in terms of its prominence. You cannot compare the evil and corruption being perpetrated by the Democrats with their allies in the media right now to "Duck Dynasty", sorry.
You're now going to disown "Duck Dynasty"?? How dare you.They are your people!

Old 08-25-2020, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
They appear to have no thought of his effect on all other issues- even as to treasonously conspiring with Russia to get elected- as the Senate report just reiterated.

Please read the report.

It...does...not....say...that.

I don't care how many times CNN or MSNBC or whatever garbage you are looking at tells you otherwise.

It does not show Trump colluded with Russia, just as the Mueller report did not.

And repeating it over and over again doesn't make it any less so.

I can't even bother to respond to the rest of what you wrote if you are still this fooled.

People, for once, do your own homework. Take an extra few minutes to read source materials.

It's yet another media scam, just like this Post Office nonsense.

Old 08-25-2020, 10:23 AM

23,560 posts, read 18,700,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
Normally, I would tend to appreciate a few of the sentiments delivered in this post. However, this is not a normal time. We all know way too much. If there ever has NOT been a "Can't we all just get along" moment in history, it is now. Democracy is on the line.
Not at all what I said, and insulting people you do not know with your biased preconceived notions will not do squat for democracy. It's a big part of the problem, and why your beloved "orange man" is in office in the first place. Don't you people ever learn?

Old 08-25-2020, 12:16 PM

4,231 posts, read 1,673,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
I understand completely. As everywhere, Rhode Island gets the state government we deserve. Very imperfect, but I can live with it. Currently, I'm considerably more concerned with national democracy. It can be lost. And, history teaches, lost in the proverbial blink of an eye. But, that's not the subject of this thread. As I remember, it's about political boats or something..
Yes of course, the sky is falling. Our fragile democracy is at risk because you might not get your way in November. I'm surprised that you don't seem to understand that this is EXACTLY how democracy works. Cast your lone vote and live with the result. There's nothing new here, it only seems that way to you.

Old 08-25-2020, 12:56 PM

9,290 posts, read 14,902,565 times
Right out of the report Rhodyrepub is talking about. It is well documented that Trump's operatives and members met with the Russians. No dispute whatsoever.

Whatever he said to Putin in private meetings is unknown to the public.

But here are quotes from the Senate doc:

IV. (U) RUSSIAN USE OF DISINFORMATION
(U) Russia's attack on the 2016 election was a calculated and brazen assault on the United States and its democratic institutions, but this was not the Kremlin's first foray into
·asymmetric warfare against America. Russian interference in 2016 represents the latest and most sophisticated example of Russia's effort to undermine the nation's democracy through targeted operations. AstheJanuary6,2017,IntelligenceCommunityAssessment states,Moscow's provocations "demonstrated a significant escalation in directness, level of activity, and scope of effort." However, the activities only "represent the most recent expression of Moscow's longstanding desire to undermine the U.S.-led liberal democratic order."42
II. (U) FINDINGS
1. (U),The Committee found,that the IRA sought to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election by harming Hillary Clinton's chances of success and supporting Donald Trump at the direction of the Kremlin.
. In addition, posing as U.S. political activists, the IRA requested-and in some cases obtained-assistance from the Trump Campaign in procuring materials for rallies and in promoting and organizing the rallies.19 · 

And you think Trump was innocent??????

Old 08-25-2020, 12:59 PM

No one disputes that Russia interfered, they have been interfering with our elections for decades. (Just as we do with other countries).

But nothing in there says Trump colluded with the Russian govt. in a conspiracy. Mueller said the same thing.

No proof of collusion, after spending years of tax payer backed investigations, and some of the supposedly best investigators Washington could produce. (Guilty of illegal torture under the Bush Jr. administration, but that's another conversation...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island