Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 07:36 PM

553 posts, read 615,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplourd View Post
Here's a link to the Henrico statistics by precinct: 2016 November General
Yeah, it's not as simple as east/west. In the east, Laburnum precinct voted 71% for Hillary, while adjacent Sandston voted 65% for Trump.

I didn't immediately see such a sharp and immediate swing in the west, but look at Tuckahoe and Mooreland compared to, say, Tucker or Dumbarton.

(Precinct Map here.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2016, 04:07 PM

5 posts, read 7,555 times
What about Midlothian?

Old 12-01-2016, 11:09 PM

418 posts, read 1,048,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloG125 View Post
What about Midlothian?
I haven't done the meta data dig after the election but in the primaries Midlothian and other Middle/Upper Middle Class neighborhoods were Kasich or Rubio areas. The vocal Trump supporters were not the country club upper middle class areas - they may have voted for him but may not admit it.

Old 12-03-2016, 06:51 AM

470 posts, read 2,095,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellieb128 View Post
I haven't done the meta data dig after the election but in the primaries Midlothian and other Middle/Upper Middle Class neighborhoods were Kasich or Rubio areas. The vocal Trump supporters were not the country club upper middle class areas - they may have voted for him but may not admit it.
I can affirm this. Rubio carried Midlo by a lot in the primary.

Even countywide in the general, Trump only beat Hillary by 3,000 votes or so, a historically bad performance.

Every conservative I know here (Robious Corridor) either proudly voted for McMullin/Johnson or won't admit their vote for Trump.

Old 12-03-2016, 07:16 AM

5 posts, read 7,555 times
So there's not a single suburb in Henrico or Chesterfield that was solidly pro-Trump?

Old 12-03-2016, 07:38 AM

9,874 posts, read 14,112,458 times
Quote:
So there's not a single suburb in Henrico or Chesterfield that was solidly pro-Trump?
Do the research yourself.

2016 March Republican Presidential Primary

http://results.elections.virginia.go...NTY/Index.html

Old 12-03-2016, 08:45 AM

2,823 posts, read 4,488,840 times
Virginia is becoming more and more liberal as time goes by, just saying.

Old 12-03-2016, 06:17 PM

553 posts, read 615,949 times
Quote:
Trump won in the precincts around Chester in both the primary and the general, but I'm not sure if it fits your criteria:

- It's not particularly close to the metro area's well-regarded private schools
- It's sort of near a country club (The Highlands)...but actual precinct where the CC is was carried by Rubio
- If you want anything more than basic big-box shopping, it's going to be a 20-40 minute drive

Although the voting pattern might match up better for you than other areas in the metro, I have doubts as to whether it qualifies for someone looking for an "affluent" suburb. River's Bend used to be the gem of the area (and perhaps it still is), but the death of the golf course there has caused issues for some of the homeowners looking to sell.

Last edited by jobber123rd; 12-03-2016 at 06:35 PM..

Old 12-03-2016, 07:00 PM

132 posts, read 191,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobber123rd View Post
Trump won in the precincts around Chester in both the primary and the general, but I'm not sure if it fits your criteria:

- It's not particularly close to the metro area's well-regarded private schools
- It's sort of near a country club (The Highlands)...but actual precinct where the CC is was carried by Rubio
- If you want anything more than basic big-box shopping, it's going to be a 20-40 minute drive

Although the voting pattern might match up better for you than other areas in the metro, I have doubts as to whether it qualifies for someone looking for an "affluent" suburb. River's Bend used to be the gem of the area (and perhaps it still is), but the death of the golf course there has caused issues for some of the homeowners looking to sell.
I don't think Chester fits the "affluent" criterion from what I understand (never having been there), but I guess that might also depend on what your definition of "affluent" is. I certainly don't think that a lot of people here would even consider it remotely close to the metro area for private schools.

OP, if you need to live here, you might be able to find what you're looking for in the exurbs of Hanover county or Caroline county. Mechanicsville, which is in Hanover county, trends strongly right to the point of being unwelcoming to minorities (multiple confederate flag booths at their main annual event, the hanover tomato festival, which I'm scared to attend), and I think the more rural areas around there trend even more that way. That's probably the best you'll do.

You're probably better off in the deeper south, like Mississippi.

Old 12-05-2016, 06:45 PM

1,949 posts, read 4,419,985 times
Quote:

Who cares? Why are you basing where you want to live on what OTHER PEOPLE voted for? You also realize that MILLIONS of Conservatives HATE Trump right?

How about basing it on CRAZY stuff like safety, good schools, things for you and your kids to do that'd be nuts!

Being a Libertarian I've got a lot of Conservative views, and a lot of Liberal views. My of my views is this crazy idea of America where we get along with others regardless of their views and only ask in return that people respect mine. That's what your going to find around here overall. There's equal parts of everybody here. A Richmond Liberal isn't a NY Liberal and a Richmond Conservative isn't a TX Conservative. All kidding aside if you really need to self segregate because you can't even live around people that aren't 100% in line with what YOU want than RVA may not be the place for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond