Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2007, 03:07 PM

7 posts, read 78,352 times

Advertisements

I have been commuting to NoVa twice/thrice a week for about a year now. Its really not as bad when I leave early and return late. In your case too it wont be a problem as you will need to leave at around 5:30am and travel back for Richmond at 2pm. If you settle around northern edge of Richmond/Glen Allen your commute time will be almost an hr. I live near to Virginia Center Commons mall, in Henrico County, just off of I95. Find an accomodation seconds from I95, that will help reduce commute time.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 07:14 AM

251 posts, read 1,127,887 times
No offense, but commuting from Richmond, even the VCC area, to Woodbridge is just nuts. I'd hate to be one of your students after your bear of a commute! You'll be very stressed out after being backed up on 95, which happens almost every day between Fredricksburg and Woodbridge, not to mention that is is about 75 miles. Sorry!

Old 09-21-2007, 08:47 PM

9 posts, read 19,422 times
If you are planning to live in Richmond, you might give serious consideration to taking the pay cut. The commute by train is almost 2 hours plus getting to the school (each way). I live in Fredericksburg. The commute is about 1 to 1.5 hours from here and that is leaving at 5:30 am. Perhaps, one year of museum education work or art therapy at Remuda Ranch in Caroline County (now hiring) might be worth it. YOur talking 1 hour 40 minutes without traffic from Richmond to Woodbridge. For this year, check Fredericksburg or Spotsylvania; Fredericksburg Montessori, Fredericksburg Academy; Fredericksburg Christian. Germanna Community College; Mary Washington college. Sorry, but the commute is nutty.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:29 AM

55 posts, read 243,650 times
Finding a teaching position with an art degree is nearly impossible. My mother tried for 10 years to get a job and she is probably one of the most talented artists I have ever known (even if she wasnt my momma).

Driving from here to woodbridge is INSANE. its a good hour and a half with no traffic. Expect to be stuck around fredricksburg for an additional hour each way. You will check yourself into an insane asylum after a few weeks of doing that trip and your poor students will be walking on eggshells due to your mood!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond