Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 05:00 PM

68 posts, read 149,690 times

Advertisements

Chophouse is fantastic, quite expensive but great nonetheless. I would go to Rooney's myself, on Henrietta street in swillburg. I've always considered it to be the best resturaunt in the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 11:03 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,318,080 times
Unbelievable. I can't imagine living anywhere else other than where I live right now. I feel humbly sad for those back in Upstate NY. I really do, but I also feel less "a*holish" about it too. I will NEVER move back. If ever cornered, somewhere similar will do, but never back to such dreary, bland mess that is Rochester, NY. Wow. I feel like a new person.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:24 AM

289 posts, read 399,769 times
What's the makes it so good? What makes it stand out over rochester?

Old 04-27-2013, 05:01 PM

There is just so much to do, so many restaurants, festivals, parks that aren't just mud or boring trails...

Literally, there was 4 festivals going on at once last weekend. Wow, no wonder there is constantly new threads of people moving down here. Ugh.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:53 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,592,671 times
Congratulations on your move. With any luck being a happier person will open your eyes to accepting that other people can have different opinions and preferences to yours and that it doesn't make them naive or inferior.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
Congratulations on your move. With any luck being a happier person will open your eyes to accepting that other people can have different opinions and preferences to yours and that it doesn't make them naive or inferior.
I'm not sure if it's being happier or more comfortable, less stressed or more humble, but I still feel the same way inside. I'm just not more apt to express it. I still feel people who live up there are naive as hell, but now I just feel more sorry for you than angry. But I have no motivation to express it to those people anymore. It's just, "sorry, have fun with all of that". Now I view it as sad, instead of stupid.

So....yeah...I guess...in summation.......

...have fun with all of that...

Old 04-28-2013, 05:57 AM

289 posts, read 399,769 times
Glad your move was successful. There a lot of things I dislike about Rochester. I believe there are a lot of places better to live then in Rochester where you can get more out of life. with that being said I can also see the things people love about Rochester and makes them stay here .
I minformed 2 congratulations was a nice gesture and shows a true character of a person after all of the debates on this forum

Old 04-28-2013, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlook View Post
Glad your move was successful. There a lot of things I dislike about Rochester. I believe there are a lot of places better to live then in Rochester where you can get more out of life. with that being said I can also see the things people love about Rochester and makes them stay here .
I minformed 2 congratulations was a nice gesture and shows a true character of a person after all of the debates on this forum
I can appreciate and respect that. I think Rory is still a little on the immature side with the whole "I just feel sorry for them" thing but it sounds like at the very least the bitterness is gone; and I'm sure that with time he'll come to realize that the different strokes for different folks mantra really is valid.

I think the funniest thing is how much Rory reminds me of...well.....ME. Back in the 90s I took my wife and two young kids and left Rochester in the dust for the Carolinas too. I didn't have quite the "Rochester sucks get me out of this hole everyone is dumb for staying here" attitude but I was still happy to get somewhere else for a change. And low and behold 13 years later we happily moved back. Not saying this will be what happens with Rory or anyone else who moves away....but it does go to show that the grass isn't ALWAYS greener for everyone.

Old 04-28-2013, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
I can appreciate and respect that. I think Rory is still a little on the immature side with the whole "I just feel sorry for them" thing but it sounds like at the very least the bitterness is gone; and I'm sure that with time he'll come to realize that the different strokes for different folks mantra really is valid.

I think the funniest thing is how much Rory reminds me of...well.....ME. Back in the 90s I took my wife and two young kids and left Rochester in the dust for the Carolinas too. I didn't have quite the "Rochester sucks get me out of this hole everyone is dumb for staying here" attitude but I was still happy to get somewhere else for a change. And low and behold 13 years later we happily moved back. Not saying this will be what happens with Rory or anyone else who moves away....but it does go to show that the grass isn't ALWAYS greener for everyone.
In a less than 5 minute conversation, I can point out exactly what's wrong with you and why you're not a more "mature" example of "grass isn't always greener." But I don't have time for that anymore - off to the beach with my son. Have a wonderful day!

Old 04-28-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
In a less than 5 minute conversation, I can point out exactly what's wrong with you and why you're not a more "mature" example of "grass isn't always greener." But I don't have time for that anymore - off to the beach with my son. Have a wonderful day!
I'd love to see just how that conversation would carry out....really. If you don't see how it is immature to bash people you do not know for living in a place that you feel is "beneath you" and throw out personal attacks to people whom you have never met....then I simply cannot help you. I hope your trip to the beach isn't ruined by the rainy and unseasonably cool weather that I see is forecasted for down there in Charleston. Coincidentally enough; it's currently sunny and in the 70s here in "cold, dreary Rochester".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area