Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2017, 07:41 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,328,360 times

Advertisements

Don't forget that the Lilac Festival is going on for the next week. I was there today and Highland Park looks amazing with all the colors in bloom and it's not just the lilacs too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2017, 08:00 PM

1,962 posts, read 1,818,378 times
Any recommendations on where to park? Planning on taking the family this Thursday.

Old 05-12-2017, 08:17 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,328,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
Any recommendations on where to park? Planning on taking the family this Thursday.
You're going to have a really good time. What time are you going? If you want free parking, you can usually find a spot along South Ave if it's after 6PM. It's a little bit of a walk up to the park but really not bad at all. That's where I usually park.

This is the official parking from the festival. But a few of the lots weren't open today because of rain:
https://www.rochesterevents.com/lila...rking-shuttle/

And there will also be plenty of paid parking areas where people have opened up their yards or parking lots in the area.

But as I was mentioning, first check along South Ave

You'll have a good time for sure. Make sure to walk through the park. I always wonder how many people who go the festival completely miss that the park is there.

There will be plenty of food trucks as well with really good food. So eating there is always a plus.

There will be concerts all day long. So you can spend some time in the concert lawn.

Old 05-13-2017, 07:07 PM

19 posts, read 17,349 times
I went today with my parents! It was super easy to park over at Monroe Community College and get a round trip shuttle trip for $2. The shuttles seemed to be going every 5 to 10 minutes so there was very little wait.

The festival itself was a lot of fun. We enjoyed the Art in the Park and made a few purchases, and dropped down into the main part of the festival briefly. The lilacs were blooming pretty well and smelled amazing. Tons of tulips and flowering trees in bloom as well.

And for those looking to eat their way through the fair, PLENTY of that!

Old 05-22-2017, 09:36 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times
I'm sooooo bummed that I missed Lilac Fest this year! I really enjoy seeing all the artist booths. Were they back in the park this year or up by the hospital like last year? When they were up by the hospital it wasn't great for them. Definitely fewer people walking around. It was easier navigating though since it was a paved road and not grassy hills. With the rain this year, I'd be scared to see what the park would look like after so many people walking around it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area