Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 04:30 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,142,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovesAlot View Post
And that is one of the smaller ones!!
I think the stores are great including the prices plus self serve soup(takeout) and other food areas.The prices are about 1/2 what I would pay on long island except for soda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 04:33 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,868,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I was one of the few that didn't understand why people took such pride in a supermarket but when I moved here in October and shortly after went to my local one in Brockport,then I understood!!!
Just wait until you see Pittsford.... I used to go there when I lived in Brighton... it is nice to look at but to have to do your everyday shopping at it kind of stinks because you have all of the sight seers there diddle dallying. I now shop at Penfield which is very "pretty" and I have almost as many amenities as Pittsford.... I was happy for the "downgrade" (if you can even call it that) when I moved be honest.... LOL....

Old 04-12-2009, 04:41 AM

11 posts, read 44,895 times
Oh Yes Wegmans! I am in Switzerland at the moment (originally from Rochester) and Wegmans is one of the places I miss! Will be there this summer though. Their donuts are from out of this world. The donuts over here (Europe) are a joke. Wegmans stores make some of the best stores over here (retail or grocery)look like a bargain basement. LOL

Old 04-12-2009, 07:39 AM

969 posts, read 2,073,292 times
Wegmans is maybe the best operated business I know of. It's always a pleasure to shop there and being a Rochester native, it's a big source of pride. Long live Wegmans.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:14 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,079,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I was one of the few that didn't understand why people took such pride in a supermarket but when I moved here in October and shortly after went to my local one in Brockport,then I understood!!!
Oh, the Brockport store, my friend, is the equilvalent of sticking your big toe into the sea when the whole ocean lies before you (no offense Brockport; I've shopped there often )

You only truly experience the full Wegmans hypnotic attraction when you step into the Monroe Ave (aka Flagship) store....the choices of of edible and non-edible delights from around the world leave a person reeling in sensory ecstasy ...

BE FOREWARNED: DO NOT GO INTO THE STORE FOR A "QUICK TRIP" TO GRAB A FEW THINGS....IT IS IMPOSSIBLE

And love the new reusable bags....just went south for sp break and took along groceries in mine and people went ga-ga for them

Old 04-23-2009, 12:38 PM

79 posts, read 258,623 times
Default A shopping experience

OMG, I miss Wegman's sooo much! I think that I mention the store at least once or twice a week. My mother and I were just talking about the subs, fish fry (haddock), imported pasta, chinese food bar, fresh cakes/pastries, roast beef sandwich, rotisserie chicken, feta cheese, etc., etc., etc.

And of course, the freshest produce that I've ever had!

Old 04-23-2009, 01:00 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,590,017 times
after reading NYgril's post I am now forced to stop work to run to Wegmans for some late lunch! hahaha

Old 04-23-2009, 11:36 PM

27 posts, read 78,244 times
Reading about the posts about Wegmans reminds me a lot about another store we have here in LA called Whole Foods Market. Can't wait to visit Wegmans when we get to Rochester--probably within the next couple of months to look for houses. So you guys recommend visiting one in Pittsford?

Old 04-24-2009, 04:49 AM

1,234 posts, read 4,589,858 times
Momgoingtojax have you ever been to Bristol farms? if you have Weggies is like a cross between whole foods and bristol farms . when you get out here go to your local weggies then go to the Pittsford store you will get lost in there.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:32 AM

27 posts, read 78,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoaKine View Post
Momgoingtojax have you ever been to Bristol farms? if you have Weggies is like a cross between whole foods and bristol farms . when you get out here go to your local weggies then go to the Pittsford store you will get lost in there.
Got it . Never been to Britol farms but heard a lot about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area