Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 04:48 PM

1,293 posts, read 5,002,757 times

Advertisements

www.WHEC.com - Wegmans ranked No. 1 by Consumer Reports survey (http://www.whec.com/article/stories/s868246.shtml?cat=565 - broken link)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 06:13 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,601,982 times
Well, no surprises there!

Old 04-06-2009, 09:41 PM

231 posts, read 850,204 times
I've been to grocery stores all over the country...Wegmans is by far the best. Prices aren't bad compared to others. But the shoppers club at other grocery stores does seem to save a little more.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:32 AM

131 posts, read 793,424 times
Default Wegmans

I can't argue with that; I love Wegmans. But is anyone else disappointed in the new shopping carts? I miss the "mid-sized" option. The new large size seems enormous to me and very awkward to use--I keep seeing people in the aisles at my store (Pittsford) banging into one another. (I also have a friend with three kids who says for her, the new largest cart is too small compared to the old large carts--something about the design--it doesn't hold as much stuff and the baskets are too shallow, so you can't pile things up as much.) The small-sized option is like the old smallest carts and really only good if you just need a few things.
I do like their smooth wheels but I still miss the old ones.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:31 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,081,062 times
Love my Weggies.....I know outsiders find it somewhat pathetic we find such joy in a food supplier but Wegmans aint just any grocery store: it is an experience and in a time when customer service is falling down all over, it means a lot to have a stock person actually walk me to the area of marinated artichokes instead of getting that "DUH" look on their face and aimlessly pointing "somewhere over there...."

And the new reusable bags are beautiful and they hold a ton of food...thanks Wegmans for helping to put a stop to plastic bags that litter the landscape!!!!

Old 04-10-2009, 08:02 PM

260 posts, read 978,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownusa View Post
Love my Weggies.....I know outsiders find it somewhat pathetic we find such joy in a food supplier but Wegmans aint just any grocery store: it is an experience and in a time when customer service is falling down all over, it means a lot to have a stock person actually walk me to the area of marinated artichokes instead of getting that "DUH" look on their face and aimlessly pointing "somewhere over there...."

And the new reusable bags are beautiful and they hold a ton of food...thanks Wegmans for helping to put a stop to plastic bags that litter the landscape!!!!
Does anyone think that Wegmans would ever build a hise rise downtown Rochester? They keep expanding headquarters in chili. I think its about time for a them to build downtown.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:53 AM

1,820 posts, read 4,496,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sick of the winter View Post
I've been to grocery stores all over the country...Wegmans is by far the best. Prices aren't bad compared to others. But the shoppers club at other grocery stores does seem to save a little more.

We are from Rochester but have lived away for many years now. We miss Wegman's so much and brag about it to everyone all the time!
We live in an area that they are building in-mid-atlantic,but there still isn't one around the corner.
People always say "isn't it just a grocery store" and then after they visit one,they understand!

Old 04-11-2009, 10:29 AM

1,293 posts, read 5,002,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester-WNY View Post
Does anyone think that Wegmans would ever build a hise rise downtown Rochester? They keep expanding headquarters in chili. I think its about time for a them to build downtown.
I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Old 04-11-2009, 04:03 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,158,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownusa View Post

I was one of the few that didn't understand why people took such pride in a supermarket but when I moved here in October and shortly after went to my local one in Brockport,then I understood!!!

Old 04-11-2009, 04:28 PM

118 posts, read 627,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I was one of the few that didn't understand why people took such pride in a supermarket but when I moved here in October and shortly after went to my local one in Brockport,then I understood!!!

And that is one of the smaller ones!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area