Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 04:01 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,881,697 times

Advertisements

Roderick Scott Trial: Neighbor saw Cervini kneeling on ground, holding chest - News- msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34365054/ns/local_news-rochester_ny/ - broken link)

I have to say I think this man should be allowed to live his life and believe he should be found not guilty. These hoodlums were robbing people blind... they can't get their stories together and this man was acting on self defense... I don't believe in guns, I don't own one...I am a white woman and live in the suburbs... I am a parent and would never wish on anyone their child shot.... so I don't believe I am biased or anything out of the norm... the fact is these boys were breaking the law and Scott was in fear of them himself! They were a threat to everyone in that neighborhood... who knew if they themselves were armed? and he warned them... this kid charged at Scott in the dark of night screaming at him that he was going to GET him... he fired in self defense. He also did as he should and called 911. I do not believe he should be punished for protecting himself and others in his neighborhood....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 05:06 PM

1,234 posts, read 4,595,772 times
Let see ?
This is a very volatile issue. this thread will get good.
I agree with you completely I have paid very close attention to this case having more personal contact with the the prosecution side than the defense and still I have come to the conclusion that he is being railroaded. I know this is a harsh statement but these kids weren't saints but the public can't seem to see this.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:27 PM

This poor man IS being "railroaded"... perfect way to put it. The body was moved... evidence was signed off by someone who doesn't even remember doing it... People are trying to portray these kids as Good Boys.... the cousin RAN AWAY because it woud be a Violation of his Probation! Seriously... the cousin gave Multiple answers to one question and said he couldn't REMEMBER what he said another time... there was a story made up there. You either know or you don't... changing your story THREE TIMES? The boys were out DRINKING before that! That probably doesn't help in the area of MEMORY recall!

Last edited by skbs; 12-10-2009 at 06:08 PM..

Old 12-10-2009, 07:11 PM

233 posts, read 686,769 times
Can't believe this. I thought shooting people was city policy or something. Like, duh, you're supposed to do that; it's a popular trend these days.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aorre View Post
Can't believe this. I thought shooting people was city policy or something. Like, duh, you're supposed to do that; it's a popular trend these days.
Ok seriously? that post was just obnoxious....

It wasn't like the man shot someone out of spite or anything... it wasn't over a fight or to be vindictive.... it was self defense. I am very big into what is right and what is wrong.... no shades of gray... it is either YES or it is NO.... I am not a maybe kind of person. This man was defending himself..... because thugs were breaking into cars and when he tried to stop them they THREATEND him...and charged at him.... saying I'M GOING TO GET YOU.... not knowing they were unarmed because it was dark he defended himself... Wouldn't you think if people were robbing neighbors they might be armed? Scott was defending himself.... and it didn't happen in the City/Ghetto/Slums or whatever you want to call it.... Thieves were invading a quiet neighborhood in Greece! Thieves..... who charged at a man who warned them he was armed.... Charged at him and told him they were going to GET him.... I am sorry.... he was defending himself against a group of thugs who threatened him and had prior records.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:36 PM

I know and I support his self-defense completely. There's nothing obnoxious about it.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:42 AM

1,892 posts, read 3,461,717 times
That's a nice part of the town, for sure.

Scott may get off, completely, or may get a slap on the wrist like menacing or some such (not sure what all the charges were, besides manslaughter).

Friends in Rochester told me about this case, and I've followed along a little on the D&C site. If he were to be convicted (there's an outside chance this could happen, despite the perjury and whatnot that's going on in the trial), it would most likely be thrown out by a higher court, on appeal.

Old 12-18-2009, 02:05 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,884,520 times
The 911 tapes have been released to the media, and if you listen to them, Scott does not sound at all happy with what he did. I feel bad for him, from what I've been told him and his girlfriend are both very good people and this is just one of those tragedies you cant avoid. Wrong place, wrong time.

I hope that the other kids who ran take their friends/cousins death as a reminder that you cant just go out and cause trouble and get away with it. They were stupid and ignorant and paid the price for it. We can only hope that one dead kid makes a few other living ones rethink their poor decisions before they take action.

Old 12-18-2009, 02:10 PM

1,234 posts, read 4,595,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTaxedInNY View Post
The 911 tapes have been released to the media, and if you listen to them, Scott does not sound at all happy with what he did. I feel bad for him, from what I've been told him and his girlfriend are both very good people and this is just one of those tragedies you cant avoid. Wrong place, wrong time.

I hope that the other kids who ran take their friends/cousins death as a reminder that you cant just go out and cause trouble and get away with it. They were stupid and ignorant and paid the price for it. We can only hope that one dead kid makes a few other living ones rethink their poor decisions before they take action.
Nicely said

Old 12-18-2009, 02:24 PM

I got so pissed when I was watching some of this on the news last night and they put up the most innocent-looking picture they could find of the boy. Maybe I'm interpreting it wrong, but to me it seems like the public wants him to be guilty of manslaughter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area