Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 05:12 PM

355 posts, read 869,423 times

Advertisements

How to Make Charlotte Beach better:

1. Stop all bus service to and from the beach
2. Close the basketball courts
3. Charge for parking, $7 should do it, like a state park or make parking free with validation from a nearby restaurant or shop (for example: buy Abbot's, get free parking)
4. Use money collected from parking to keep beach sand clean, lifeguards on staff, and maybe an armed guard or two to patrol the park grounds
5. Set a curfew. No one under the age of 18 allowed at the park after 9pm
6. Mandate all minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
7. Ban smoking at the park
8. Impose $500 fine for failing to comply with above mandates
9. Watch Charlotte Beach became safe, clean, and enjoyable again

Old 07-10-2010, 07:43 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,881,279 times
But stopping bus service would be considered racist!! Hahaha

I approve of the above plan. Too bad the city council (more like the jesters of the round table) would never approve of such a thing.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:45 AM

1,030 posts, read 3,079,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RottenChester View Post
How to Make Charlotte Beach better:

1. Stop all bus service to and from the beach
2. Close the basketball courts
3. Charge for parking, $7 should do it, like a state park or make parking free with validation from a nearby restaurant or shop (for example: buy Abbot's, get free parking)
4. Use money collected from parking to keep beach sand clean, lifeguards on staff, and maybe an armed guard or two to patrol the park grounds
5. Set a curfew. No one under the age of 18 allowed at the park after 9pm
6. Mandate all minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
7. Ban smoking at the park
8. Impose $500 fine for failing to comply with above mandates
9. Watch Charlotte Beach became safe, clean, and enjoyable again

Old 07-11-2010, 10:02 AM

It's unfortuanate that the powers that be gave the upper hand to the thugs and closed down areas for fear of their behavior...now these very thugs can tout how they scare the police and all the suburbanites into their little holes....

I'm disgusted by it all and figure that within a generation (which runs about 16 years seeing many start their babymommadaddy-i ng at 15), it will begin to correct itself as taxes will have skyrocketed to such a point that many social services will disappear and an entire segment of the population of people will have to start working, staying in school, use birth control and once again, become functioning people of society because the welfare net will not exist.....

Am I being racist? Nope, I'm reading it as I see it.....society has tipped the scale of entitlement to the point of insanity and recorrection will come at the hands of the tax payers who, at a point very soon, will revolt over the amount of taxes we pay and what they have begot: us running and hiding from the very people we created by our handouts......

Last edited by Fallingwater79; 07-11-2010 at 11:18 AM..

Old 07-11-2010, 12:07 PM

I plan on running and hiding from the very people created by not MY handouts, but the states handouts using MY money. However that running and hiding will involve moving to a completely different state where taxes are substantially lower and my money goes further and I can see it being used on things other than social services for scumbags who use their money to better their personal belongings in the form of big screen TV's, nice clothes, and Cadillacs with huge chrome wheels, instead of getting jobs to earn those things.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTaxedInNY View Post
I plan on running and hiding from the very people created by not MY handouts, but the states handouts using MY money. However that running and hiding will involve moving to a completely different state where taxes are substantially lower and my money goes further and I can see it being used on things other than social services for scumbags who use their money to better their personal belongings in the form of big screen TV's, nice clothes, and Cadillacs with huge chrome wheels, instead of getting jobs to earn those things.
We are the welfare state, that's a well known fact...people move here for the handuts that state feeds them via our ever rising tax dollars while nailing the debt to the working class backs and it's known around the country: Go to NYS: they give you everything and ask nothing in return

We plan on selling next spring, renting and letting the next few years play out as our youngest finishes college before we decide where we'll go.....good guess that the financial crisis will have sunk us or woke us up by then and if the former, we'll finish our lease and move on down the road to a more taxpayer friendly state....needless to say, NYS is in bad times and we have the liberally (not politically speaking) run social services to thank.....quite a quagmire they cemented us all in.....and look what it's netted us: an inner city of shame.....

The old joke, last one out of NYS, turn off the lights, has a sad twist of reality to it more and more each day.....

Old 07-11-2010, 07:15 PM

3,235 posts, read 8,718,665 times
Quote:
Yay, yet another black altercation forcing a mass police intervention! F*cking disgusting, makes me absolutely sick when I look at pictures of the old Charlotte beach and I see a bunch of white people enjoying it the way it's meant to be enjoyed, not as a ghetto stomping grounds for a bunch of ignorant a$$hole city dwellers. I dare someone to call me racist when I'm just pointing out the absolute obvious!!!!!

http://www.whtk.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=122742&article=7318534

www.WHEC.com - Security at Ontario Beach (http://www.whec.com/article/stories/S1642175.shtml?cat=0 - broken link)

Fight reportedly started when one kid bumped in to anothers girlfriend, and of course in the ghetto when you're a thug this means war!!!
You are being extremely racist yet again. The people taking part in these acts only make up a small percentage of the group. Groups of white people fighting have caused plenty of trouble. I take it you've never been to the east end?

Old 07-11-2010, 07:43 PM

I'm so sorry for your ignorance in this matter. I can only hope that you are one of few out there that can't see the light of what's really happening in our community. Funny how I'm not the only one here with the same views, eh?

Oh, and the East End is a hole anyways, and it's not a place that's supposed to be a family oriented park like Charlotte is. It's a place where a bunch of pretentious white people go to drink and try to impress others with their fake tans, glued hair, and $300 jeans. If one a$$hole doesnt get drunk and fights another a$$hole, it's considered an odd night. My tax dollars dont pay for East End so I could care less what goes on down there with all the drunken douchebags that populate it. Charlotte on the other hand is a county park that my tax dollars go towards, and I can't even feel safe using it with my wife and child during certain times of the week because of thuggery. But hey, who doesn't love paying for something they can't use?!

Old 07-12-2010, 06:14 AM

3,235 posts, read 8,718,665 times
Quote:
I'm so sorry for your ignorance in this matter. I can only hope that you are one of few out there that can't see the light of what's really happening in our community. Funny how I'm not the only one here with the same views, eh?

Oh, and the East End is a hole anyways, and it's not a place that's supposed to be a family oriented park like Charlotte is. It's a place where a bunch of pretentious white people go to drink and try to impress others with their fake tans, glued hair, and $300 jeans. If one a$$hole doesnt get drunk and fights another a$$hole, it's considered an odd night. My tax dollars dont pay for East End so I could care less what goes on down there with all the drunken douchebags that populate it. Charlotte on the other hand is a county park that my tax dollars go towards, and I can't even feel safe using it with my wife and child during certain times of the week because of thuggery. But hey, who doesn't love paying for something they can't use?!
I can give more examples of white people causing issues. Suburban high school kids causing fights in the stands at football games, town carnivals. It is not just a city problem like you seem to think.
It's not an issue anyways. The fight at Charlotte had nothing to do with you so unless you don't go out looking for trouble, you'll be fine.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:45 PM

93,350 posts, read 124,009,048 times
Quote:
It's not just a city problem, no, but the majority of problems stem from the city and its inhabitants. Most of the people you see at the mall are blacks now, probably coming in from the city, same as they do to come in and ruin the carnivals. And what's to say violence from a fight at Charlotte couldn't affect me if I were walking by the scene and someone shot a gun or pushed someone in to me or my wife or child causing injury to them? Then again, they'd probably think I deserved it and would just consider it part of their reparations or something.
Wow......Where did that come from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area