Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2010, 09:58 PM

61 posts, read 144,363 times

Advertisements

what are some little clubs/venues that have good concerts in sac?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 10:07 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,285,320 times
Define "good concerts."

Old 11-19-2010, 05:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,000 times
Actually, I'm in the process of starting up some sorta venue right now to support the local music scene. Something non-profit that is just to let local bands play some rad shows without all the BS that seems to go down at some of the bars/nightclubs, and 'for profit' venues.

What kinda music are you interested in?

Old 11-19-2010, 06:32 PM

There are a lot of local venues already--but not enough all-ages venues, largely because the economics of all-ages venues make things very difficult (typically selling beer is what allows a venue to remain practical and profitable.) As to genres, to be honest I'd like to see more rock venues, although I'm kind of an old geezer so that may not be what the kids listen to anymore. A lot of recently-opening places feature jazz and DJs/turntablists, but Sacramento is a rock & roll town at heart and there is generally room for more such venues.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:32 PM

61 posts, read 144,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tendriana View Post
Actually, I'm in the process of starting up some sorta venue right now to support the local music scene. Something non-profit that is just to let local bands play some rad shows without all the BS that seems to go down at some of the bars/nightclubs, and 'for profit' venues.

What kinda music are you interested in?
anything. i just moved here. me and my girlfriend are looking at some little hole in the wall places to check out.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:52 PM

There are a lot...pick up a copy of the Sacramento News & Review and check out their "Nightbeat" grid, it takes up several pages--or read it online at Sacramento, Chico and Reno News & Review: source for local news and events .

Some of my preferred places: Old Ironsides, Luigi's Fungarden, the Townhouse, the Press Club, On The Y, Luna's Cafe, the Blue Lamp, the Shady Lady, or the Distillery. Other places worth checking out are Marilyn's on K, Harlow's, the Refuge, the Fox & Goose, the Naked Lounge (11th and H location) and there are often live shows at stores like Phono Select Records, Bows and Arrows and a few other retail spots--and there are about a zillion bands performing all over Midtown on Second Saturdays, although they stop by 10 PM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
View detailed profiles of: