Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 06:24 PM

2 posts, read 8,776 times

Advertisements

actually if u look at the map of homicdes the only part of the murders in the couty of sacramento was about 10 the other 70 happened all in the cities of sacramento or in certain parts do ur research if u want to down grade a big problem if u count were the murders happened it was mainly in little neighborhoods of 40 thousand up and there was three areas with manily all the murders which was south sacramento parkway , del paso heigths, and north highlands also in areas such as oak park and east sacramento but mainly in these three so if you look at it they are just making the statistics look good i am a born and raised oak park resident for 20 years and can tell you sacramento is another crap whole going down and down

[url=http://www.sacbee.com/2011/01/03/3296212/interactive-map-2010-sacramento.html#]Interactive map: 2010 Sacramento homicides - Sacramento News - Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento Bee[/url]
here is the news report to show u that over 70 of the muders happened in the inner city of sacramento and about 10 happened in the acutally county which is far from the trouble of sacramento which can compare to city like richmond and oaland since i lived in richmond for 5 years and am very fimilar with the problem so i was suprised to see these little areas not metioned since they are just as bad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 06:25 PM

2 posts, read 8,776 times
[url=http://www.sacbee.com/2011/01/03/3296212/interactive-map-2010-sacramento.html#]Interactive map: 2010 Sacramento homicides - Sacramento News - Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento Bee[/url]

Old 03-15-2011, 07:23 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,162,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrone235 View Post
actually if u look at the map of homicdes the only part of the murders in the couty of sacramento was about 10 the other 70 happened all in the cities of sacramento or in certain parts do ur research if u want to down grade a big problem if u count were the murders happened it was mainly in little neighborhoods of 40 thousand up and there was three areas with manily all the murders which was south sacramento parkway , del paso heigths, and north highlands also in areas such as oak park and east sacramento but mainly in these three so if you look at it they are just making the statistics look good i am a born and raised oak park resident for 20 years and can tell you sacramento is another crap whole going down and down

Interactive map: 2010 Sacramento homicides - Sacramento News - Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento Bee
here is the news report to show u that over 70 of the muders happened in the inner city of sacramento and about 10 happened in the acutally county which is far from the trouble of sacramento which can compare to city like richmond and oaland since i lived in richmond for 5 years and am very fimilar with the problem so i was suprised to see these little areas not metioned since they are just as bad
lol you should learn the boundaries of the city of sacramento. there were like 30 murders there 2010. the rest was else where in the county.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:45 PM

3,720 posts, read 9,999,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrone235 View Post

Interactive map: 2010 Sacramento homicides - Sacramento News - Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento Bee
Sorry, I have no idea what you said. Is there a shortage of periods or other punctuation marks on your computer?

Old 12-16-2011, 03:26 AM

41 posts, read 44,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michcoop99 View Post
The number of shootings and murders in the Sacramento area is downright ridiculous! It is the #1 thing I really hate about the area. I've lived lots of places, and I can't ever remember reading about this much violence in the local papers. Sac is not that big (and yes, I am counting suburbs). Why doesn't anyone have more of a problem with this? And please, don't start comparing the crime rate here to other places. It is irrelevant, as there are plenty of safer places, too. Who cares what is going on elsewhere, shouldn't we be worried about what is going on here? It is so depressing and disgusting and it doesn't seem to bother many people...
Your comment represents something that I've always joked about regarding the "two Sacramentos".

Believe it or not, people who grew up in Sac, like me, view the murders as just "life in the city", no different than someone from SF, Oakland, or LA would view a murder. By the time I was in junior high I knew of someone who was murdered (gang related). By the time I'd graduated from high school about 7 or 8 people I knew of had been murdered in a gang related incident. We grew up knowing of neighborhoods like Oak Park, Del Paso Heights, Meadowview, and even Lincoln Village (which is now Rancho Cordova). Lincoln Village has always been rough. One of the reputed gang hoods back in the '80s. "Bloods" turf.

I think a lot of people who moved to Sacramento when they were already adults expect Sacramento to be nice and pleasant compared to places like Oakland and L.A. I think this explains how infuriated they get over this kind of violence. Like I said, we that grew up here view Sacramento as a city. Especially those of us who grew up near downtown, Oak Park, North Side, Del Paso, etc. Sacramento's developers and realtors do a good job of making Sac seem like this perfect little Utopia settled in the valley far away from California's urban decay, but it's not. If it happens in Oakland or LA, it happens in Sacramento. And I mean on a regular basis.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:20 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
The worst part about this was the pictures in the bee. These people are supposed to be marching for the victims and you got people walking around passing weed and booze and flashing gang signs in front of the camera. They said RED baseball caps were at the memorial. They talked about how one of the guys hobbies was playing Xbox and eating fire cheetos. Ugh, my goodness.

As far as the violence of sacramento county. I think property crime is far more worse. We have issues but its not THAT bad. Sacramento county had something like 87 murders this year and thats a county with over a million people. There are years oakland and SF have had that many murders in a year. Or take where I am from, Chicago. They have 2.8 million people and well over 400 murders a year.
But those are large areas, with much more people, making the instances more acute here per capita. And with the word out that police officers have been laid off, more criminals arriving from nearby prisons will view this area as prime pickins', as they get more and more bolder. So as a previous poster mentioned,
comparison to other cities is far less relevant than the urgent need what is now a big city problem.

Old 12-22-2011, 01:28 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,142,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobThomas View Post
Your comment represents something that I've always joked about regarding the "two Sacramentos".

Lincoln Village (which is now Rancho Cordova). Lincoln Village has always been rough. One of the reputed gang hoods back in the '80s. "Bloods" turf.

I just moved out of the Lincoln Village area two months ago. The area is slightly rough by my standards. A lot of the homes in the area have experienced huge drops in values and now they can be had dirt-cheap.

I never had any problems with anyone in the area, but I think the area is going to get alot rougher in the future. I lived there for a year and you could see it changing. I’m really surprised that my car did not disappear.

I was happy to get out of there and if I was to move to Sacramento again I would look further east in Rancho Cordova maybe off Sunrise and 50.

Old 12-26-2011, 02:47 PM

127 posts, read 209,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michcoop99 View Post
The number of shootings and murders in the Sacramento area is downright ridiculous! It is the #1 thing I really hate about the area. I've lived lots of places, and I can't ever remember reading about this much violence in the local papers. Sac is not that big (and yes, I am counting suburbs). Why doesn't anyone have more of a problem with this? And please, don't start comparing the crime rate here to other places. It is irrelevant, as there are plenty of safer places, too. Who cares what is going on elsewhere, shouldn't we be worried about what is going on here? It is so depressing and disgusting and it doesn't seem to bother many people...
Actually the crime rate in Sacramento is higher per capita than some places such as L.A. and Orange Co. When I lived in LA and moved up here, I had never heard of so much crime, and we were from Long Beach.

Old 12-26-2011, 02:49 PM

127 posts, read 209,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaboy View Post
It bothers me, and other people. I'm getting very turned off to Sacramento these days. We live in a safe little bubble in Carmichael, but the general ickiness is creeping in on us. There's a low-life mentality here that is pervasive.
Can any Sacramento natives explain all this??
Folsom, believe it or not Folsom worshippers, has a lot of losers too. I personally prefer Rocklin.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:47 PM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,154,552 times
Ain't diversity great?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento