Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 10:39 AM

8,673 posts, read 17,285,320 times

Advertisements

More like Arcade Terrace or Foothill Farms--it's in the unincorporated county, the names are a little less formal. ARC is on College Oak between Myrtle Avenue and Winding Way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 12:42 PM

14 posts, read 19,411 times
Thanks...hopefully there will be more choices in the market....

Old 03-16-2012, 12:18 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,844,834 times
If you aren't working with a realtor (especially one who is very knowledgable in handling forclosures & short sales), I would highly suggest you do so. They can find all kinds of opportunities that you may not be able to find.

Once I started looking with my realtor last summer (after 5 years of looking on line by myself), I found a house & was moved in within less than 3 months. It's doable.

Last edited by caligirlz; 03-16-2012 at 12:21 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 03-16-2012, 01:20 PM

10 posts, read 20,664 times
Hi Owen -
Among the things you need to know is that the market is seeing a sudden buyer-boom. Inventory is down and homes are getting multiple offers. It is very competitive. In your price range, there are lots of cash buyers, many of them investors who know that they can get positive cash-flow on rentals.

I think you may want to sit down with a Realtor who knows the Sac area (I happen to be one :-) ), and talk about your needs, and the market in greater detail, and find out high to write the best offers (it's not always just about price).

Drop me a line. My advice is free.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:41 PM

4,030 posts, read 3,308,084 times
The advantage of ARC is two fold. First there is a CHP substation at 5109 Tyler St. Sacramento 95841, just off Date avenue. In addition ARC has campus police that patrol the areas immediately around campus. So there are plenty of police in the area and response times if there was a problem are going to be short. Second ARC is one of the areas where most of the bus routes converge on and there are still buses running there just about all times of the day. So if you and your significant other wanted to ditch a car, this is a neighborhood where you probably could get by with only one car. Lastly the area has some of the cheapest rents and housing prices in the area. Most of the other neighborhoods where housing prices are that low aren't neighborhoods you would feel safe living. But this neighborhood is mostly just community college students. If you are looking for a cheap safe neighborhood it works. The neighborhood lacks glamor, but its affordable and safe. Because there are students coming to and from class all day, there are always people walking around.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,232 times
Have you check out Natomas area? West of NorthGate, north of El Camino have some decent place for your price range. Don't pay attention to nay-sayer about flood or bad neighbor. Insurance will cover if flood happen. You should visit this area and get the feeling yourself about neighborhood. I have multiple rental properties in this neighborhood for professional tenants. They all happy with this neighborhood.
It's very competitive in your price range. Investor like myself will win most of the deal, unless it's a homepath, or homesteps in the first 2 weeks. You must get your loan pre-approval now and ready to offer anytime you find good property. Since you're new, find a good Realtor now.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:05 PM

4,030 posts, read 3,308,084 times
South Natomas probably is in your price range, but is it a neighborhood you would actually feel safe in?

Old 03-21-2012, 08:22 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,844,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slord916 View Post
Have you check out Natomas area? West of NorthGate, north of El Camino have some decent place for your price range. Don't pay attention to nay-sayer about flood or bad neighbor. Insurance will cover if flood happen. You should visit this area and get the feeling yourself about neighborhood. I have multiple rental properties in this neighborhood for professional tenants. They all happy with this neighborhood.
It's very competitive in your price range. Investor like myself will win most of the deal, unless it's a homepath, or homesteps in the first 2 weeks. You must get your loan pre-approval now and ready to offer anytime you find good property. Since you're new, find a good Realtor now.
Yea...right....Bad advice, ignore it

Old 03-23-2012, 09:58 PM

491 posts, read 1,261,828 times
Pretty tough to find anything around $125K in a safe area unless maybe a condo or townhome. Even in Rancho, that won't get you much. If you read City Data Sacramento every day, you see the same posts over and over regarding people moving here (or wanting to move here) with the same wish list. Everyone wants to live in the nice, safe areas like Folsom and Fair Oaks with good schools on $125K budgets and it's just not realistic. If it was, I'd be out of Rancho tomorrow, you betcha.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:41 AM

409 posts, read 957,546 times
We had friends living in Mather Field and they seemed happy with their choice. I believe the HOA maintains the front landscaping and the community has a tidy look. It's a bit isolated from any surrounding communities but that works in its favor in terms of crime and it may work in your favor to find a place within your budget. Contact a realtor. Also, Capital Village in Rancho Cordova may offer some homes in your budget. Its a newer area of Rancho Cordova away from the bad parts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento