Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2014, 09:50 AM

1 posts, read 2,870 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

My wife and I are planning to move to the Sacramento area this summer. I have taken a job downtown. We are currently looking at homes in the area. The queston I have is what public schools are best for my doughter. She is high functioning autistic. I have done a lot of reserch on Greatschools.com, but ther is not much info on special education. I have heard that Roseville is good, but that's all I have found so far. We are intersted in Rocklin or Loomis, but basically we are willing to live anywhere in the Sac area that we think will be best for my Daughter and Son. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Also, what does the commute look like at about 6:00am from Rocklin or at the same time from Cameron Park? Is the 80 better or worse than the 50?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2014, 04:41 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,839,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddenn View Post

Also, what does the commute look like at about 6:00am from Rocklin or at the same time from Cameron Park? Is the 80 better or worse than the 50?

Thanks!
Your commute will be much better from either direction if you start at 6 am, and arrive between 630-7 am.

Old 04-24-2014, 05:51 PM

7 posts, read 14,902 times
Hello, my son has HF Autism as well so I definitely understand what you are looking for. From my experience with living in Sac I have found that the San Juan Unified school district is great. My son attended school in that district since he was 3 yrs old up until 3rd grade and the services and teachers were all great. Then I moved to Houston TX last year and everything he had was taken away because of the different special education laws, so I ended up moving back and now we are in the Roseville City School district and so far things have been great and my son is getting back on track. Good luck to you and your family!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento